Gaming Who/what would you want in the next Smash game?

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Topic.

Personally, I'd love to see a fully 3D Smash, in a style not so different from something like Power Stone (a game series that would fit right into Smash) here:

This way, they can change how the game plays for once, and perhaps open up the possibilities of what can be done in a fully 3D fighter as opposed to 2.5D, which, if I'm to be honest, it seems like the idea resrvoir has run out, especially with Smash Ultimate being essentially an asset dump + new stuff made for the game, IMO.

If they had to make a Smash 6 that keeps with the current gameplay style though, this would be the list of first-party characters who I think could offer some new possibilities for the roster:

1. A character from the Custom ROBO games.
2. Skull Kid
3. Samurai Goroh
4. Waluigi
5. Tiki
6. Spring Man
7. Knuckle Joe
8. Dr. Wright
9. Nabooru
10. Mach Rider
11. Vaati
12. Fiora in her mech form
13. Takeru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle
14. Lakitu
15. The Black Knight from Smash as an echo of Ike
16. Dark Link as an echo of...Link
17. Marx
18. Chibi-Robo
19. Ghiraim (is that how you spell that dude's name?)
20. Demise as an echo of Ganondorf

But that's what I'd envision for an ideal list of possibilities.

Here's some third party possibilities:

Capcom:

1. Viewtiful Joe
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Amaterasu
4. Strider Hiryu
5. Akuma
6. Monster Hunter
7. Zero (with costumes for both his X and Megaman Zero appearance)
8. Arthur
9. Firebrand
10. Dante
11. Dan
12. Falcon from Power Stone

Konami:

1. Alucard (they could even keep his assist trophy around with this one)
2. Raiden
3. Liquid as an echo of Snake
4. Goemon
5. Bomberman
6. Bill Ryzer

Tecmo:

1. Ryu Hayabusa assuming rumors about him possibly being in Ultimate aren't true
2. Kasumi or Ayane (in a more fully-clothed costume for the "good boys and girls")

Rare:

1. Conker
2. Fulgore (or anyone from KI, but Fulgore would be killer, pardon the pun!)

Square:

1. Terra
2. Sephiroth
3. Fei from Xenogears
4. Crono (does Square own the copyright to Chrono Trigger, tho?)
5. Randi
6. Geno (to put an end to the memes, for Christ's sakes)
7. Lara Croft

ATLUS:

1. Philemon or Igor
2. Demifiend
3. Jack Frost
4. Raidou Kuzunoha (did I srsly type in "Raiden Kuzunoha?)

Sega:

1. Shadow as en echo
2. Knuckles
3. Tails
4. Akira
5. Ristar
6. Jeanne from Bayonetta

SNK:

1. Kyo
2. Athena (KOF version because, again, "good boys and girls.")
3. Nakoruru
4. Geese

Last edited by Silent_Gunner,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think they should cut the down the list a bit, only include what you can truly call gaming icons, keeping people like steve and Mario. For newcomers, I think that a few mortal kombat characters would be nice

MK is not going to happen. Apparently, the only games from that series that ever made it to Japan in an official capacity were the first two games for sure, maybe one of the other ones after? Either way, I heard that those games are illegal in Japan nowadays. Around the turn of the Millennium, ironically, having gore in video games was a big no-no for games released in the region of Japan to some extent. The reason I say to some extent is that Samsho V Special managed to make it to arcades in uncensored form in 2004 initially until there was some incident in Sasebo where some lowlife took a sword to people, leading to the game getting pulled and censored (which is a non-issue with emulators nowadays).

The censorship might have been more for console games, as I know that the trilogy of PS1 Resident Evil games all had it where hunters would straight up de-cap you when they went for their infamous OHK lunge. From Code Veronica onwards, they just slit the player's throat.

I personally think MK could be in Smash if they can tone things down in MK Vs. DC and for Injustice, but then again, they got Terry Bogard in the game, a dream that I wrote off as being as impossible as getting a Shin Megami Tensei character in Smash, much less Persona, so who knows, really?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I kinda liked the story mode thing where you got to play as each character in a platformer scenario.

This is the one thing Ultimate I think screwed the pooch on. I wanted an adventure mode like Subspace that featured more than just Mario enemies and a bunch of generic nobodies as mooks. Like, get some Octorocks, ReDeads, those bats that burrow into the ground in Metroid, the Metroids themselves, maybe a boss fight with Andross?

Lots of missed opportunities with the adventure modes of these games!

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
MK is not going to happen. Apparently, the only games from that series that ever made it to Japan in an official capacity were the first two games for sure, maybe one of the other ones after? Either way, I heard that those games are illegal in Japan nowadays. Around the turn of the Millennium, ironically, having gore in video games was a big no-no for games released in the region of Japan to some extent. The reason I say to some extent is that Samsho V Special managed to make it to arcades in uncensored form in 2004 initially until there was some incident in Sasebo where some lowlife took a sword to people, leading to the game getting pulled and censored (which is a non-issue with emulators nowadays).

The censorship might have been more for console games, as I know that the trilogy of PS1 Resident Evil games all had it where hunters would straight up de-cap you when they went for their infamous OHK lunge. From Code Veronica onwards, they just slit the player's throat.

I personally think MK could be in Smash if they can tone things down in MK Vs. DC and for Injustice, but then again, they got Terry Bogard in the game, a dream that I wrote off as being as impossible as getting a Shin Megami Tensei character in Smash, much less Persona, so who knows, really?
I mean it could work as mk has become less gore-focused over the years and there’s has been more work put into making it a better fighting game

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean it could work as mk has become less gore-focused over the years and there’s has been more work put into making it a better fighting game

Umm...just look up the fatalities and brutalities in MK11 if you think there's no focus on the gore.

I mean, of course all of the modern 2.5D games are better than all of the crap put out in the MKDA-Armagrddon years of the series (outside of some highlights like Kenshi, Havik, and maybe one or two others), but it coincided with them also making better fatalities than what the majority of what was in the aforementioned dark age of the franchise.

Maybe they could use sweat instead of blood like the snes mk? :P

Injustice doesn't even have blood. I prefer it, if one has to censor the blood and gore, to just not render it. Don't turn it white, green, blue, or some other funky color that makes me think they're aliens, or that the fight is knocking uhm...reproductive fluids out of the opponent! :rofl2:

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Umm...just look up the fatalities and brutalities in MK11 if you think there's no focus on the gore.

I mean, of course all of the modern 2.5D games are better than all of the crap put out in the MKDA-Armagrddon years of the series (outside of some highlights like Kenshi, Havik, and maybe one or two others), but it coincided with them also making better fatalities than what the majority of what was in the aforementioned dark age of the franchise.

Injustice doesn't even have blood. I prefer it, if one has to censor the blood and gore, to just not render it. Don't turn it white, green, blue, or some other funky color that makes me think they're aliens, or that the fight is knocking uhm...reproductive fluids out of the opponent! :rofl2:
Don’t get me wrong, there’s still focus on gore, there’s just less focus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make an equivalent to subspace and have more than 3~ cutscenes
bring back trophies, the targets, old allstars,
get rid of auto buffered short hop aerials and the extra lag in between dodges and directional aerial dodges
Make characters keep momentum in air
Fix platforms
actually balance the rat
have rollback online
let people play with others with a wired connection
basically, make it feel like melee with slippi in terms of online and combat but make the controls better

Cut down the roster
keep the fighting game folks(Min Min, Terry, Ryu/Ken), Steve, and long time requests(Banjo, Ridley, K.rool etc)
get rid of the other 3 marths ( or make them alts) , joker, hero, duck hunt, wii fit, Plant, some pokemon, the other links, and make echos alts with slight variations of the base character

Newcomers
Waluigi and Geno so that people can shut the fuck up
Master Chief or Doomguy, happy with either
Arc sys character
Heihachi
Kratos or some other sony 1st party rep
Paper Mario, even if his games have devolved to shit and him likely to be based of the recent games

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

I don't think they're going to make another one for a very long time. They said they think they pushed the series as far as it could go but I'm sure one day they'll decide the money is too good and make another one.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup