PS1/2 Who were 'Unico PLAY'?

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In this burnt ps1 disc in this video, the ps1 logo has been replaced with a pirate logo, and the bottom says:
=WarLoCK=
-=Presented By Unico PLAY=-

Looks pretty scary, I did some research on it and I found nothing.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A few warez releasing groups did this, it was uncommon on PS1 in my experience because it didn't take long for anyone with a PC and a CD burner to figure out how to do it for themselves (you could still rent video games in those days). Quite a lot of the Dreamcast repacks have modified loader screens, and I saw it quite a lot on PS1 to PSP conversions before I learned how to do that myself.

Unico PLAY are no doubt long gone, this is a 20 year old scene were talking about, and many people didn't get Internet until late 1990s/early 2000s, so there's probably not much information about them in the public domain.

There's a couple of sites where you might find out more, but GBATemp rules prohibit naming them.

Reactions: Lukein3D

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
A few warez releasing groups did this, it was uncommon on PS1 in my experience because it didn't take long for anyone with a PC and a CD burner to figure out how to do it for themselves (you could still rent video games in those days). Quite a lot of the Dreamcast repacks have modified loader screens, and I saw it quite a lot on PS1 to PSP conversions before I learned how to do that myself.

Unico PLAY are no doubt long gone, this is a 20 year old scene were talking about, and many people didn't get Internet until late 1990s/early 2000s, so there's probably not much information about them in the public domain.

There's a couple of sites where you might find out more, but GBATemp rules prohibit naming them.
Oh okay, thanks for clearing it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?