Who wants to fix my DSi shoulder buttons?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by jesterscourt, Jan 25, 2011.

Jan 25, 2011
  1. jesterscourt
    OP

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    So, like many people that have had the DS, DSL, and DSi, My shoulder buttons have decided to work only when they want to. Yes, I have used compressed air, etc... But it's a temporary fix, whatever is causing the issue (bad toggles, whatever) comes back in the same gaming session. Of course it's out of warranty, and Nintendo says it'll cost 85 bucks to fix. Although they will throw in a new 1-year warranty, and offer to transfer over the licenses for my DSiware, should they need to actually replace it.

Who can beat that price, including shipping it back to me, that's in the US? Payment method will be Paypal. Yes, you need references.

2. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Why are you offering money? You could easily fix it yourself.
    Did you open the DS to fix it?

3. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
  4. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I would just wait for the 3DS (If you plan on getting one).

If not, I fixed my R button after it was broken for a while. I used compressed air for around a month, and it stopped working permanently. I opened up my DSi, and put the two parts of the R button in water for a while, and it started working again. That was like 3-4 months ago and it still works perfectly. The only thing is that this voids your warranty. I read this technique online, and isn't very known.

5. jesterscourt
    OP

Member jesterscourt Not Brad.

United States
    I don't want to do it, hence why I am asking if anyone else wants to, and is wiling to be compensated for their efforts.

6. ilovegames

Newcomer ilovegames Advanced Member

United States
    try craigslist.

assuming you're not out in the middle of nowhere, there's usually at least a handful of local console repair services available.

7. Game Dragon

Member Game Dragon GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Could put please put a photo up of the switch that is broken I may be able to help for free I am a electronics tech by trade

8. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    I had my shoulders break three times on me, and Nintendo has repaired all three times. However, I might have to send in again! Best part is, Nintendo offered me an upgrade. They said if I wait until March, they MIGHT upgrade to a Nintendo 3DS, with me paying a bit of the difference. [​IMG]

9. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Wow, totally irrelevant to the thread. Also, I'm tired of people who say to another person with a DS console that needs repair "just wait until 3DS". Seriously, it doesn't add anything to a thread and is just spam.

Also, if you want to pay someone to do it, could this also be put into the "WTB" section? Hmm.. hard to tell.

Anyways yeah, don't pay someone to do it or anything, just do it yourself, it's cheaper and everything.