Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

Who wants to be a millionaire?

Scoglionario 0.1

scognito, an italian member of GBAtemp, has submitted the first version of his new game "Scoglionario", a WWTBAM clone.

[title:Features & readme]

Scoglionario is a question based game, based on the famous "Who wants to be a millionaire" ("Chi vuole essere milionario" in italian) tv show.

Features

* Autodetecting system language and loading the specific questions pack (only italian and english for now)

* DLDI compatible (tested on NinjaDS and R4)

* Help: 50/50, Phone a friend, Ask the audience added (realtime-antani-randomizer-supersexy percentage builder thanks to AKBG)

* Question stored in txt file (one for each 14 levels) so editing questions is easy

* Themed as similiar as possible (sound and graphics) the original game

* I didn't write the questions, I just used the files I found on google, so don't blame me if they are not good!
wink.gif

Installation:

* Patch the game with appropriate DLDI and put wherever you want inside the card

* Put the "data" folder in the root of the card, or if you have the data folder yet, just put the "scoglionario" folder inside the "data" one on the card.

* If you plan to use on emulator (only DeSmuME was tested) put all the questions file of your prefered language in the same folder where the rom is.

Drawback 1: since sound is garbled in the emulator, it is disabled (you can still turn on in the options screen). Drawback 2: you lose half on entertainment not playing on real DS!

* Enjoy

icon11.gif
Official website

Thanks to the author himself, scognito, for the tip!

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there's 15 questions. However, the .txt files for the questions go from 0-14.
wink.gif
Someone probably just saw 14 and assumed that's where it stopped. 0 is question 1, and 14 is questions 15, and so forth for those in between.
tongue.gif
Someone should make GBATemp themed .txt file questions.
biggrin.gif

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this only allow 15 questions to be stored in the txt file, or does it let you store multiple Question 1, multiple Question 2, etc? It would be kind of a waste if every single game is exactly the same.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Each individual level has many questions for it, and you could even add more! So again, would be nice if someone could make GBATemp themed questions.
wink.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, if you ever need MP3's of the official sfx/musicz, just ask me, I still have a rip of all of the sounds from the show from when I made my WWTBAM presentation for my french class.

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, if you ever need MP3's of the official sfx/musicz, just ask me, I still have a rip of all of the sounds from the show from when I made my WWTBAM presentation for my french class.

Sounds are there yet, but they are low volume... can you convert a few for test using this guide (or another way) http://www.palib.info/wiki/doku.php?id=day7

sounds should be 8 bit signed mono with sample rate of 11025 mhz

NOTE:
would be nice to continue discussions over there too: http://scognito.wordpress.com/2007/08/16/s...io-01/#comments

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb