Who wants HL2 or HL:ep1 for free?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by robi, Oct 26, 2007.

Oct 26, 2007

Who wants HL2 or HL:ep1 for free? by robi at 9:28 AM (1,965 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. robi
    OP

Member robi GBAtemp Regular

France
    So I bought the Orange Box having already purchased Half-Life 2 and Episode 1 when they first came out. So I've got two "gifts" from Valve to give away. My gaming friends already have it, or only play online games and wouldn't care for this single player experience.

So, who wants it? No strings attached, I just want to get rid of 'em

note: I would prefer to give HL2 & EP1 to separate people, but if there isn't enough interest then I'll gift both of them.

For this to work I need your e-mail address so Valve can send you the key or however it works.

2. warbird

Member warbird GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    well, i want em, but I've already played through both. It would maybe be better to give them to someone who never played them but want to.

3. Kirby102

Member Kirby102 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Oh wow, I would love them! [​IMG] I have never got the chance to play HL2 ever... since my PC is so shit... but since I've upgraded... never got the chance to see what the hype was about... and now that Orange Box is out... Makes me more eager to play it, from the reviews its getting.

Then again, it's up to you who you give it to [​IMG] Just take your time thinking about it.

4. warbird

Member warbird GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    You really should play HL1 first... Its a great story, that deserves to be experienced from the beginning (I know you only said you hadnt played HL2, but Im saying it just in case you havent played hl1 either)

5. bhamophet

Newcomer bhamophet Advanced Member

Malaysia
    I wan!!!! but im in Malaysia...................i have neither.....however hf2 would be great first since i cant play episod 1 without it eh

6. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    I would give them out too, but sadly I gave them out both recently.

7. 1man1dream

Member 1man1dream GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    HL2 would be so nice, I have never played it before, and this would probably be my only chance bless you for doing such a good deed even if I don't get it.

8. bhamophet

Malaysia
    lets bid! im willing to trade my (insert creativity here) for ur half life 2!

trade my only computer!

9. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    I've played HL1, 2 and pretty much every mod available (Dystopia yea [​IMG]!) but never got around to playing EP1, seems like a great game though [​IMG]. Agreeing with the previous poster really great on your part sharing this stuff [​IMG]. If you feel like giving EP1 to me (not HL2 cause I already have that one and getting that twice would be lame and not really fair) just PM me for my details [​IMG] (btw, mail address and not my steam account name?).

[EDIT]Ayea, as I meantioned Dystopia I'd figure I'd write a little something about it here (damn my fingers are cold, hard to type [​IMG]). Home-page. If you feel like playing a cool multiplayer mod this is really great. It's in a cyberpunk setting (my favorite) and it's kinda like assault in UT. A big difference however is that there are two worlds with intertwine. The cyber world (you have to jack in a la the matrix, leaving your body defenseless) and the real world. Both worlds have to be used in order to complete the assault. Cyber world unlocks doors and etc. (you can also fight in the cyber world btw, ubut stuff like gravity isn't there as like in the real world) while the real world takes new spawn and jack in points. In short, I recommend this if you have the time (and there are still players online [​IMG]).

10. bhamophet

Malaysia
    wait....so how ya giving it to us btw? through steam?

11. Lee79

Member Lee79 Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict

United Kingdom
    I would be careful about who you give them too [​IMG]
    http://consumerist.com/consumer/drm/valve-...ally-314690.php

12. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I never played both, but I enjoyed a lot HL1 [​IMG]

HL2 for me would be enough [​IMG]

Thank you [​IMG]

13. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Could be easily fixed by making a new Steam account that is based in the US and A. Would only mean one would need to switch accounts but as these are single player games that doesn't seem like such a problem to me [​IMG].

14. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    @ robi

I'd greatly appreciate it if you would throw my name into the hat! [​IMG]

15. leonheart_a

Member leonheart_a GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    ive only ever played half life 1(only for a bit) and i really enjoyed it, i really should get half life 2 but ive never really had the chance. i would be really happy if ya gave it to me! but like someone said earlier its only really up to you.

happy deciding!:)

16. kernelPANIC

Member kernelPANIC GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    I'd really like to have them as well. I haven't really played HL 1 or 2, but a friend highly recommended both games and he is usually right about this sort of thing. I specially want to try out HL2.

17. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

You want to give 'em to me, to prevent me from piratin' em. [​IMG] I really want to play Half Life 2 Wiimote Mod.

(thanks if you do!!! [​IMG] )