Gaming Who still plays 360 and what are the best games + XBLA to get?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trials is my favorite online series, so I'd suggest those games. the latest one was the first purchase I made for the ps4 actually. I think the first one or two were 360 exclusive.

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just played through Fable 2 and 3 recently. Usually RPGs like that don't hold my attention, but I really enjoyed them. XBLA has Banjo Kazooie 1 and 2 if that's your jam as well.

Reactions: alivebacon

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got Minecraft story mode for my daughter. She is doing great in school, so this was her reward. She didn’t like it at first because she just wanted to build. Then she tried the trial for “regular” Minecraft and wasn’t sure where to start. She likes story mode for the fact that she is “directed” what to do.

Also, Castle Crashers! It’s a great beat’em up. Very similar to golden axe, but with player attributes. Level up your hero! Many unlockable characters, weapons, and pets. Yes, PETS. Each pet grants you a different ability such as, +2 strength. I only play this game with an arcade stick. It’s so dope.

Last edited by slaphappygamer,
Reactions: alivebacon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play the BC 360 games on my xbox one. If there was an XBLA game I had to recommend it would be Perfect Dark. It's the perfect example of what an HD remaster is supposed to be. The original was a blurry mess that barely chugged along on the n64. It was simply too ambitious for its time. The XBLA version though has improved textures, higher quality sound (they still had the original source files!), modern and more intuitive control schemes, and it's rendered in 1080p and runs at a consistent 60 fps! They even left in all the quirks and glitches for the speedrunners. You'll never go back to the original after you play this version.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a small number of JRPG exclusives such as Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, and Tales of Vesperia (not exclusive much longer) along with a hoard of shmups. I never had a 360 originally, but my wife came with one, so I bought and am slowly working my way through those titles.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already got one thanks buddy. I'm having trouble with Rock Band DLC though... I believe it's because I'm not signing them correctly, if you know anything about that?
DLC usually has to be patched through Dashlaunch options, or a separate program like 360 Content Manager. It has an option to unlock them and patch as purchased DLC, and Dashlaunch can do similar tricks. Sometimes one won't work so you have use the other.

Reactions: DinohScene

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlc and xbla games must be patched or rather their header replaced with the one from the game yaris. afaik, it's the only free xbla game (either that or the only exploitable). it 0's out the device and profile ids iirc.

as for the best games on xbla, I'd say trials is pretty good, some shmup from the indie department as well. I did enjoy braid too. it's one of the few games on the system I actually beat 'til retiring the system. if you like puzzle games, check it out. :)

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I still play with my RGH phat xbox. The last two games I playes were Borderlands and Rage. Rage, IMHO, compared to Mad Max on xbox one seems to have better graphics...

Reactions: jellybeangreen2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over