Who still does this AGS-001 front light mod on their GBC??

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by Nusdogg, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Who here still does the AGS-001 front light panel mod on their GBC????

This guy:

[​IMG]

Clear GBC on left and Atomic Purple right. Just finished modding the AGS001 front lighting the clear GBC. I had the purple for awhile now. I personally still prefer this mod over the ebay front light with LOCA. Not as washed out.

Note: These lights were pulled off from broken GBA SP as parts.

Last edited by Nusdogg, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Grim Ripper

Grim Ripper GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Greece
    Can you make a guide, i'm interested . :)

Thanks.

3. romanaOne

romanaOne GBAtemp Fan

Apr 18, 2014
    United States
    where the potential goes to zero
    You mean you are still using the original GBC screen with a backlight pulled from AGS-001?

Is it very hard to get the backlight out? Does it require a lot of GBC case modification?

How sustainable is this? Are broken AGS-001 GBA SPs still common in the wild? Is there any source of just the backlights?

I recently made a BennVenn GBC and it was quite a lot of work. (Newer revisions of the BennVenn cable are making this easier...) In the end, my screen just didn't look like a GBC anymore: games like Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow have unpleasantly bright white backgrounds. It's also a helluva lot cheaper to add a frontlight to a GBC.

4. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Yes and no. This is a front light panel mod. You're getting this front light mod mixed with the backlight mod

It's a front light; hence, a light panel. No case modification ever. Measure the lighting panel to where you want to cut, so it'll drop right into the GBC screen case view window.

Yes, Ebay. Type in search "Broken GBA SP"

Yes, this IS a front light mod, my friend. :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Another shot with stand

Attached Files: