Hacking Who ships to Japan for cheap?

thebert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not Japanese, I'm just living in Japan, and I am in the market for a new card. Does anyone know which dealer would be the best for getting cheap shipping to Japan?

Also, I haven't made up my mind as to what card to get, so I'll also take suggestions. I'm considering the DSTT. Any objections?

Thanks

edit: I tried buying from deal extreme, since they have free shipping worldwide, but I can't have it sent here, since they only accept paypal, and paypal wont accept a japanese address, because my credit card is not from japan. It's pretty lame...

edit2: It seems it's just the paypal system on dealextreme that is weird. I used paypal at gameyeeeah.com, and it worked fine.

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
Rakuten Ichiba (rakuten.co.jp) is good if you can handle putting all your ordering info in Japanese (or get someone to help you). That's usually my first place to look (though there are only a few flashcart shops). Otherwise, I've ordered from just about everywhere. Gameyeaah is decent.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did actually order from DealExtreme while I was in Japan and it worked just fine. Also, depending on your country you may be able to get paypal by linking it to your bank-account, eliminating the need for a creditcard, but I'm not sure.

llatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered a slot one device and had it sent to me while I was living in Japan a few months ago only to find out you could buy them in some shops for bout 4000 yen, just take a wonder to your local slightly dodgy shopping district and odds are you'd find one, for me it was Fujigaoka and Osu (lol guess where i was) but you'd be amazed, plus if you are heading to Tokyo anytime I think Den-town will have it somewhere, given they have you know... everything

thebert

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazon japan is good to know. Free shipping to japan, but the r4 is redonkulously expensive ($80?)

I went with gameyeeeah.com DSTT $35.85 shipped! Cha-ching! Although the cheap shipping is 10-18 days (o_0), I'm hoping since China is freakin' next to Japan it won't take that long. But whatever, I'm not in a hurry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want...