Hacking Who Runs please.hackmii.com and do they store the Mac Address

gbadl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There doesn't seem to be any privacy policy on the site. Who runs it and Do they store the Mac Address of the console? I would be worried about a hack if someone gets access to their database since we don't know how the site processes the information. Sadly no one made an offline version LetterBomb.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

There doesn't seem to be any privacy policy on the site. Who runs it and Do they store the Mac Address of the console? I would be worried about a hack if someone gets access to their database since we don't know how the site processes the information. Sadly no one made an offline version LetterBomb.

https://hackmii.com/2011/08/letterbomb/

The Post(s) from User @Artlover could maybe for interest for you.:)

Regarding mac addresses. The simple fact is unless these guys are in contact with Nintendo techs and have been given a white list of MAC addresses being used by them, then they do not know what MAC addresses Nintendo is using.

Sites like these:
http://www.coffer.com/mac_find/
http://standards.ieee.org/develop/regauth/oui/public.html
Are NOT complete or definitive, and were never intended to be. These lists exist as a courtesy, with no guarantees, for people hoping to find information on their queries. These lists only contain publicly listed and known at the time OUI’s that have been entered into the publicly accessible database. They do not include hidden OUI’s (which all companies can request if they want), OUI’s that just haven’t been entered in the public DB yet, or OUI’s still in the pipeline of being processed.

That first link (one marcan posted) hasn’t been updated in nearly 3 years shows only 30 listings for Nintendo. The second list shows 43. Neither list is complete. Half the network gear I have in my house (some of it old, some of it new) doesn’t show up on either of those lists. I’m talking Netgear, Linksys, Cisco, TPLink. So yeah, just because a MAC don’t appear in a public list somewhere doesn’t mean it’s not in use.

There is no reason why they should be trying to protect the users from themselves by limiting what mac addresses can be entered. It serves no purpose because it won’t stop anyone from entering one of the last 3 pairs wrong anyways. So for all their efforts, it won’t stop people from entering a mac that won’t work for them. ALL it does is prevents many WII owners from not being able to use this exploit at all because these guys won’t accept Nintendo is using other MAC’s besides what is on these public lists.

gbadl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by gbadl,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would be interested in exploits that can be done offline. I did find W11Modder mentioned above.
Then use modmii. Created by a very trustworthy individual right here... Xflak.

I've personally never heard of W11 modder and doubt anyone here can verify its validity or security.

As for hackmii, its been over ten years without being hacked and your console mac address does not store any personal info anyway. I cannot confirm but i do doubt your mac address is stored on the site anyway, it is only used to create a personal installer for your console.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Then use modmii. Created by a very trustworthy individual right here... Xflak.

I've personally never heard of W11 modder and doubt anyone here can verify its validity or security.

As for hackmii, its been over ten years without being hacked and your console mac address does not store any personal info anyway. I cannot confirm but i do doubt your mac address is stored on the site anyway, it is only used to create a personal installer for your console.

If I remember correct,a few Weeks ago,the Letterbomb/hackmii Site was "offline" (hacked ? :rofl2:).
I am pretty sure,now Nintendo knows all the MAC Adresses.....:evil:

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It has been offline a few times over the years iirc but even if Nintendo had my mac address from that site..... What are they gonna do?? What is any 'hacker' gonna do with it really?

I may be a bit blasé about it as my wii hasn't been out of the cupboard since 2012 but i see no problems here!

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, is Nintendo trust worthy? They made the console with Wifi; Internet access and all that... They can steal anything from you if they want - so, if you are that paranoid, then don't buy any console with Internet access, don't use your computer and turn off your phone now...

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The MAC address of your Wii isn't really secret, though. People can't hack you or do anything to your Wii with that.

- Everyone who is in an online race / match with you can figure out your Wii's MAC.
- Everyone who is near your router while you're playing, even if the WiFi is password encrypted, can figure out your Wii's MAC.
- Wiimmfi, CTGP or any other online service can see your Wii's MAC.

There's absolutely no harm with one additional webpage knowing your Wii's MAC. Also, they wouldn't even be able to connect that MAC with any other information. What does it help them to know that there is a Wii somewhere on the world with the MAC you entered?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Armed with some wifi penetration tools and the right wifi card, someone could use your Mac address to keep disconnecting u from the internet. They would have to be in wireless range, and anyone that can do this will be able to get your Mac address from sniffing web traffic anyway. This isn't a real concern, but it's the only somewhat malicious thing I can think of that can done with someone's Mac address... I once did this to a friend of mine I was sitting next to just to watch him try and figure out why only his laptop kept losing wifi and no other devices were impacted. It was pretty funny but after maybe 30 minutes or so I came clean and we all had a good laugh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)