Who is your favorite rapper?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More or less anybody that does not use autotune, can actually rap, rhyming is a bonus but I will take clever wordplay any time over that. You can keep the gangster nonsense, especially the "I'm rich" nonsense, as well and I do enjoy a good pisstake. While wordplay is vital then having a robot sing it can and likely will kill it for me... autotune can do some good in the world but the crank it until it distorts it and gives a kind of echo/dissonance effect I truly despise.

This leaves me with remarkably few choices if I ever delve into the modern rap charts. It also does not help that producing seems to be a forgotten art as well. That said I occasionally see end of year roundups and find myself saying "where was this?", none of them are small things either as they have properly shot videos and everything.

A bit further back now but I really do like binary star.

Issac mentioned Tyler the creator and while I can't say I like most of what he has done (pick a random track from any of his albums and there is a very good chance I won't much care for it) there are times where I think he is amazing.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I’ll be honest, I haven’t heard much of it. I remember there was this crazy video where he rode a person wearing a horse costume. I should have another listen. The guys seems nuts and those musicians are usually pretty good. What should I listen too?
Kanye has some good ass songs. Everytime you play a Ye song people always rap along.
A couple of good Kanye songs

Through the Wire - This song was done right after a car accident and rapped with a wired shut mouth. Mumble rap by Kanye.
All Falls Down - About insecurities, people going to school not knowing what they want to be, materialisms and inequality.
Touch The Sky - Anime reference to Lupin the 3rd. Motivational type song.
Drive Slow - Song about taking life slow.
Heard Em Say - Poverty and other problems. Song is like a lullaby.
Spaceship - Song about working graveyard shifts
Stronger - Music video based on the Anime Akira. Lots of similarities in music video and Akira movie scenes.

Last edited by SG854,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I don't have any favorite rapper. There's just too many. Lots of good ones.
And I don't have a favorite genre of music either or artist/group. Theres just too many. Its hard to keep up.
I like many different styles of music.

Lmaokernel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't pick just one but:
Mayday
Weerd Science
Hopsin
Tech N9ne

Eminem used to be but MMLP2 and Revival were meh. I really liked Recovery and thought he was back on top after the Relapse garbage but I was wrong

Sent from my toaster running rebug

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night