Who here still writes by hand? And if you do, do you write in cursive?

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I still write by hand and I write it in cursive. :) Hand written messages are awesome and it is still the way to go. You can see and perhaps feel the effort put through it. My notes are handwritten too.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I write my signature in print.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of, you know, it being a signature?
Does it just make it easier to fake? I can write in cursive, but I usually don't. And I'm too much of a bum to write real letters to people...too much time. It might be a fun hobby, though, if I can get some friends to do it with me.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I write my signature in print.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of, you know, it being a signature?
Does it just make it easier to fake? I can write in cursive, but I usually don't. And I'm too much of a bum to write real letters to people...too much time. It might be a fun hobby, though, if I can get some friends to do it with me.

Exactly. People do their signatures in cursive because each person's is unique, and it's very difficult for others to imitate (hence the word "signature"). Print is much, much easier to duplicate.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I use cursive most of the time. Notes to myself, essays, exams etc. If I didn't write like that it would take too much time. When I'm leaving notes for other people I've started to use print though. Too many people said they couldn't read my handwriting so I switched and am getting faster at it.
gallery_175061_779_3187760.jpg
As you can see my type is pretty damned messy hence I prefer cursive but I need to use type on forms and such.
your cursive is pretty clear...

Reactions: 1 person

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Pen and paper? what's that?

In my three years in high school each student had a own laptop, so I barely ever used a pen in school for those three years.
So now my writing looks as good as my 12 years old sister does xD

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I always write in so called 'cursive' (we don't say that here in the UK) ever since I was about 7 years old and never stopped since. Cursive is so much quicker, neater and looks a lot more professional / less-childish than print. To me, any writing I saw in print I would automatically assume to be written by a child.

I also always write in fountain pen (you know, the ink filled things) and have been doing so since I was 9 years old. The only time I write in with a Biro is in maths and sometimes in long exams as it is slightly quicker. Here's an example (yay for crappy cameras and awkward angles, it looks a lot blacker and neater irl):
vXWpe.jpg

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I write by hand, since in school I actually have to.

But it's terribly hard to read for my teachers.

Also, in grade 5, I used to be really good at cursive, but now I only write my signature in cursive. Otherwise I mostly forgot how to even do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over