Phillyman

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamingmagz.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just got thinking about Quake 2 tonite, I can only remember very vague memories of Online Multiplayer......I think they were all Slayer type games (maybe free for alls?)

Anyways I can distinctly remember 3 maps....

1) Big Gate with a tower in the corner, an elevator goes up to the top and there are tunnels underneath
2) 3 Big Towers, and a huge elevator. Water down at the bottom
3) Huge area with a circular stair case, Rockets are on the ledge and a pool out back that if you swim under you will find a Rail gun

Now the other thing I remember is some hack that was popular back then , that allowed you to place trip mines. I think there were 3 different color trip mines and the white ones were like Nuclear bombs that killed everything in a 100FT radius

Anyone know the names of the maps, or that modification? Are there Quake 2 servers still up and running?

Just figured I could use a break from Halo 2/3, and this would take me back 10 years
smile.gif

Gotta look for my disk and key tomorrow
wub.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
The first PC FPS I played in Multiplayer was actually Unreal Tournament. I remember this one but only in Single Player mode =(

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Played a lot of the first Quake multiplayer when it was out.. I remember it being the first FPS made with online gaming in mind.. all my friends with Dial-up connection played it, good times.. It was really a big revolution at that time, no one used the internet to play games till then and it supported 32 people in the same game
ohmy.gif

And for the first time people started buying video cards (or graphics accelerator cards how they were called) to play games..

Quake 2 was not that great.. I don't think there are server still running, but I think there are ways to simulate a LAN over the Internet and play it (there's a software called Hamachi that does that). Or you can run a server
tongue.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I played Quake3 a lot... Great game.

I played Quake2 only as single player, nice. Even nicer with Q2MAX installed
biggrin.gif

As for servers for Quake2, I think that there's still some server around. There are hardcore fans, out there, you know
wink.gif

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember doing a good deal in 1P mode, barely perhaps never in multi...vaguely think I did a 1 on 1 with a friend once who got me the copy. I remember doing a bit more with Q1 though, and did a lot of dial fragfests with DOOM1/2 instead.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I think I have it installed somewhere on my external, but I prefer Quake 1.

Quake 1 is perfect for LAN games, especially if you have a night to kill.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"