I do
smile.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psh facebook. It's popular, but I stopped using it for a year now. It got old 'cause it's always the same stuff. Not really into these online community listing your private information and such.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
greyhound said:
hundreds of employers check out prospective employee facebook accounts before they even get to the interview stage.
I thought they can't see your profile unless you add them as a friend.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Joujoudoll said:
You can choose to make your profile private or public on facebook, just like you can on myspace.

Oh. The reason I have Facebook is because of that privacy jibberjabber. Now I know it's "one of them".

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
greyhound said:
hundreds of employers check out prospective employee facebook accounts before they even get to the interview stage.

If you don't have a facebook then will you have a lower chance of finding a job? It almost seems like they care about how many friends you have.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do, my Mrs set it up, it annoys the hell out of me with all the add ons, I seriously can't be assed with it.

I guess its good for those who want to see their old friends again but I keep in touch with the friends I like anyway.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoNSTaR said:
greyhound said:

If you don't have a facebook then will you have a lower chance of finding a job? It almost seems like they care about how many friends you have.
No, it's to see if you've posted bad stuff about your old boss/colleagues.

muckers

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got one - use it to keep in touch with Uni friends and friends back home. I don't add and talk to randomers, since the information is a bit less private on Facebook. Plus, it clogs things up and you get even more useless application requests.

Facebook is also used as evidence of my lack of inhibition when I'm out.

sinkhead said:
DeMoNSTaR said:
greyhound said:

No, it's to see if you've posted bad stuff about your old boss/colleagues.

And pictures of you bladdered in the middle of the week and status updates like "I'm not going in to work today - too hungover" don't help either.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoNSTaR said:
greyhound said:

If you don't have a facebook then will you have a lower chance of losing a job

Fixed. One time I read a newspaper, a woman actually got sacked because she said some mean things about her boss and the company.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol