Who has the answers or can answer these questions (sorry if repost)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sebbydaman, Mar 11, 2016.

1. sebbydaman
    OP

sebbydaman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2013
    United States
    1. I have 9.2 on system nana and rei 10.6 but my question is how to make a back up emunand ? the purpose of this is just in case something happens I have a back up ? what do I do just in case something goes wrong ? I have a back up of system nand but that was the first thing I did so I dont need to make another one correct ?

2.I have type 2 menu hax which means it auto boots with a weird screen and takes me to browser launcher. what do I have to do in order to auto boot up to reinand and lose that screen so it just shows the girl ? and takes me to emunand. Also does an injector exist so I can launch homebrew launcher from the main menu like F.b.I make it into an App. Also I saw the you can customize the splash screen now but dont know if it will slow down boot up to make it noticeable.

3.Am I fine to start installing Cia files ? I believe my system nand and emunand should be split since there are two folders with different databases.sorry if this is a dumb question since I have two different firmware but I want to make sure I don't mess anything up.Also how to make Cia all go to one folder so it can be organized .

4.I spent a ton of time reading a lot but Im making sure there are no surprises 0_0 litterally spent 4 hours doing everything so I have had a lot of hiccups (last thing I hack was the psp back with the gta exploit and then magic stick with Pandora battery was amazing = ) good times)

2. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    1. Run Emunand9 or Decrypt9 and backup Emunand if you want an emergency backup

2. Getting rid of the menuhax screen is an ugly process. There is a hblloader cia made by Yellows8 that can be installed to run the homebrew menu from the system menu. Keep in mind that all this app does is load boot.3dsx.

3. If Emunand is on a different fw than Sysnand, then your nands are probably unlinked. Cias are OK to install if nands are unlinked. Place your CIA files in one folder on SD if you want organization.

3. sebbydaman
    OP

sebbydaman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2013
    United States
    1. doing it now thank you. keep it in 3ds or just put it somewhere safe like the system nand ?
    2.the screen is ugly so Im ready for battle 0_0
    3.thought so but you are never sure

4. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Your Emunand backup can go where ever you feel comfortable putting it. Just make sure it goes back on the root of your SD when you want to flash the Emunand backup back on it. As for the screens, I just remembered that there is an easier way to do it. Search for the modified homemenuhax payload that doesn't have the debug screens or colors and set the splash screen on top with a black picture. The payload is somewhere in this forum, either in this section or the homebrew section.