Who got their Wii today?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Bladedaos, Dec 3, 2006.

Dec 3, 2006

Who got their Wii today? by Bladedaos at 2:32 PM (1,733 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Bladedaos
    OP

Newcomer Bladedaos Member

United States
    I just got back from circuit city with my ticket. I was 16th in line and they had 20 Wii's. I didn't have to wait to long though. I was there at 7:45 after not getting one at target. When its 5 degrees out and snowing, no parent is gonna go out and wait in line to get one for their spoiled kids. If you got one today post here!

2. Tamyu

Member Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I got one *yesterday*, but I hope it`s close enough. [​IMG]
    We got ours just after release - It wasn`t released until yesterday in Japan.

3. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    No, actually, that's exactly when only the parents of spoiled little brats will wait in line. "Normal" parents of "normal" kids wait in line when it's 25 degrees Celsius out, and someone is giving out free coffee to the waiting crowd.

4. Digeman

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    No....still haven't gotten it yet....cuz it hasn't been released yet!! xD

5. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    I DIDN'T get one today -.-. I woke up at 6 and went to Toys 'R' Us - they had 45, but only 24 were "allocated" and I was 26th.... Then I went to Best Buy who didn't get a shipment in, then I went to a bunch of crappy stores and then I went to Circuit City, who had 29 Wiis and I was like 30-something in line... The Wii search continues...

6. Strokemouth

Member Strokemouth GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Got mine today! The wife and I went to Target at 1:45am. We took turns standing in line and sleeping in the car. We were 3rd in line, the store got 24 Wii's in, there were over 50 people there when they handed out vouchers at 7am.

7. - Wrath of God -

Member - Wrath of God - God

United States
    O_O 1:45am???!?!?!?! You're crazy!

8. Scurvey Dog

Newcomer Scurvey Dog Member

United States
    YES I FINALLY GOT ONE TODAY!!!

drove by all the stores last night and the toysrus nearby had a note posted that they had recieved 33 wii's. so my wife and i came back the next morning at about 7 am and stood around and played ds games for two hours. we were #7 out of 33 and there were about 60 people there by the time it opened. most people didnt get there untill about 8 oclock. they had all been waiting at target and got turned away because targets got about 8 a piece around me.

9. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Camping out for restocking? Never heard of such a thing! I find it kinda odd that all the stores would restock it all on the same day. Hmm...

10. Tamyu

Member Tamyu GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Camping for restocking is REALLY common for the DS in Japan. They get them in stock like clockwork every week or so, and people are always lined up WAY before opening. I`m going to assume the Wii will be similar.

11. HelloKitty

Member HelloKitty GBAtemp Fan

United States
    great.. i wished someone told me earlier that they would get shipments in today [​IMG]

12. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Camped my @$$ off today! I also camped out with two friends on launch day to buy a Wii too, that was a lot more hectic! This time was a bit easier though, plus, I was getting it for the girlfriend for Christmas, so I didn't mind doing it again [​IMG]

13. azndragonguy115

Member azndragonguy115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i waited in line from 4am to 1030 at circuit city. kinda freaked me out when they asked for ID, so i pointed out that i drew my face right next to my signature on the list. and i had my behind the wheel certification what not. my friend wasnt so lucky. spent so much time trying to get his wallet back, ended borowing, and afterwards ending up buying a wii voucher for 100

14. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Opium told me that they were getting shipments in and Meijer claimed to know nothing about it and I just plain forgot to set my alarm to get up to check Target.

15. Scurvey Dog

Newcomer Scurvey Dog Member

United States

neither had I, i thought i was crazy, but they sold out again and i was one of the lucky ones that got one.

ohh and hello kitty, it might suck but wait untill next sunday. they seem to be on a sunday restock cycle.

16. Firon

Member Firon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I camped out on Black Friday to get one of the Wiis, since they were getting a new shipment that day. Got #2 of 8. [​IMG]