Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.:)

But its strange,it is the first time that an Windows 10 update takes so long in the last 3 years on my PC.All other major Build updates came on the day of release.:unsure:

Thats maybe an sign.....:blink:
Or maybe you were just "lucky" those first few times. MS has always staggered large updates to deal with server requirements\, some people get them right away, some don't, it's pretty much just random who gets what, it means absolutely nothing if you don't this time and you have before.

If you really want it and can't wait for your PC to hit their next wave, then just download it manually, that's why that exists.

Reactions: Alexander1970

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or maybe you were just "lucky" those first few times. MS has always staggered large updates to deal with server requirements\, some people get them right away, some don't, it's pretty much just random who gets what, it means absolutely nothing if you don't this time and you have before.

If you really want it and can't wait for your PC to hit their next wave, then just download it manually, that's why that exists.

It's a bit of a pain to do it manually no?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
On the Windows Update page in "Settings" on the right side you have the Line "Operating System Build-Info" - click on it please.:)

Ok, 1809 too, but no update to download.
Time to download the iso file then.
190606115146763622.png

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone claimed Vista was a disaster, but 7 and especially 10 gave me more problems. 10 softbricked my laptop. None of the restoration points would work and I still can't get it to behave like it was from factory. The installs just don't work now, shit like that.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
It's a Samsung 850 EVO 250 SSD, and it's less than two years old

I had the 400Gb version of the same drive fail on me after about two years so it's possible. Mind you I kept the drive almost full to capacity the whole time which I now understand is not a good way to be treating SSDs so maybe that had something to do with it.

As for the update... Why are you making such a big deal about it? Is there anything from the update that you really, really want? If so then create a backup image of your boot disk, install the update from the website, and see what happens. If not, then just wait for it to be pushed to your computer by Microsoft, just like 99.9% of the rest of the world do.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the 400Gb version of the same drive fail on me after about two years so it's possible. Mind you I kept the drive almost full to capacity the whole time which I now understand is not a good way to be treating SSDs so maybe that had something to do with it.

As for the update... Why are you making such a big deal about it? Is there anything from the update that you really, really want? If so then create a backup image of your boot disk, install the update from the website, and see what happens. If not, then just wait for it to be pushed to your computer by Microsoft, just like 99.9% of the rest of the world do.

Isn't it good to keep the OS up to date?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
And your OS will be kept up to date. As and when Microsoft deem in necessary to do so. The world will not end if it takes another couple of weeks to reach you.

I'm sure any critical security patches are pushed out with more urgency. There's no need to be fretting about a feature update unless there's some specific feature from that update that you really want/need.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's safe and won't break anything?
1903 is generally safe and stable. It probably won't break anything, depending on your setup.

If none of the features of 1903 excite you, it's fine to wait until the update is automatically pushed to your device. 1809 still receives automatic security updates and bugfixes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there