Homebrew Who else would like a PSP emulator for the Switch?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously it can run one! Of course given the time and work.

But I was thinking of how I wanted to play Dissidia NT on the Switch, but you know... PS4 and Arcade only. Then i thought, "Hey, Duodecim!"

So yeah! Just wondering about all your thoughts for a psp retroarchcore or something.

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"When replying to a topic, don't; unless you have something meaningful to say or something that will contribute to the discussion. Posts such as "Yes", "I agree", "LOL", "When will it be dumped?" or "When will it be translated?"; and nothing but images/emoticons or internet memes are useless and are wasteful on the servers. This is not GameFAQs or 4chan!"

Yeah any ways ppsspp can run easily on Android so I suppose it can run here

Last edited by SANIC,
Reactions: Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"When replying to a topic, don't; unless you have something meaningful to say or something that will contribute to the discussion. Posts such as "Yes", "I agree", "LOL", "When will it be dumped?" or "When will it be translated?"; and nothing but images/emoticons or internet memes are useless and are wasteful on the servers. This is not GameFAQs or 4chan!"

Yeahah any ways ppsspp can run easily on Android so I suppose it can run here
No idea why the "nah" lol

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP was great at it's time but same with PS1 it's games don't hold up, except few 2d SE games which are PS1 ports
... What? That's not even remotely true. Many PSP games are fucking amazing and I (along with many here) would KILL to play them again on a newer system. Same with PS1 games! I can't wait to play Gex 3 on my Switch. Or Spyro.

Your opinion is literally ignorance.

alepman90

Trophies
XP
Country
... What? That's not even remotely true. Many PSP games are fucking amazing and I (along with many here) would KILL to play them again on a newer system. Same with PS1 games! I can't wait to play Gex 3 on my Switch. Or Spyro.

Your opinion is literally ignorance.
I'm talking from my experience, owned Vita day one thought i'll be play my PSP library on it, not even once
except Street Fighter Alpha 3 which it PS1 port

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking from my experience, owned Vita day one thought i'll be play my PSP library on it, not even once
except Street Fighter Alpha 3 which it PS1 port
So... you're basing your experience on your salt over the Vita. Let me tell ya bud. EVERYONE disagrees with you. The PSP had not only "a few amazing gems" but MANY AMAZING games that people still play to this day. Same thing with the PS1.

Reactions: Alkéryn and ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Especially if it allows HD textures like PPSSPP does and higher native resolutions, it would be amazing! Dissidia Duodecim, Crisis Core, GTA, Project DIVA 1/2/Extend and even stuff like Ratchet and Clank! If something like this came out I would get a Switch right away!:P

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So... you're basing your experience on your salt over the Vita. Let me tell ya bud. EVERYONE disagrees with you. The PSP had not only "a few amazing gems" but MANY AMAZING games that people still play to this day. Same thing with the PS1.
It's just as ignorant to assume everybody agrees with your opinion y'know. Whether a game is good or not is subjective, many believe the Vita has no good games. I'd disagree there, but I'd also respect the opinion of those saying the games available don't suit their taste. To each their own friendo.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP was great at it's time but same with PS1 it's games don't hold up, except few 2d SE games which are PS1 ports
There are several PSP and PS1 games that hold up today. Just because they don't for you doesn't mean they don't for anyone else.

On topic though, I'd love to see a PSP emulator! Gives me another system to run through Patapon on. :)

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Couldn't agree more! The PSP had OVER 1000 games that were AT LEAST "good" and over 100 that were AMAZING!:D

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

He said he didn't want a PSP emulator. You really don't need to get so bent out of shape over his opinion and answer.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You're reading his first sentence. Read his following posts bruh. It's one thing if he's got a valid opinion. It's another if it's pure ignorance.
He doesn't think they aged well. So what?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He doesn't think they aged well. So what?
"PSP was great at it's time but same with PS1 it's games don't hold up, except few 2d SE games which are PS1 ports" - that is not from experience. That's just spouting bullshit.

Like I said. It's one thing if they say an opinion. Another if it's a blatant lie. I'll call them out on that.

Not to mention the "Nah" reply was just very... passive-agressive IMO. There's only one reason one would say that in that way, especially without clarifying in the same post. To be a dick.

There's one thing I can't stand here, and it's people standing up for idiots for absolutely no reason.

Last edited by Thirty3Three,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
"PSP was great at it's time but same with PS1 it's games don't hold up, except few 2d SE games which are PS1 ports" - that is not from experience. That's just spouting bullshit.

Like I said. It's one thing if they say an opinion. Another if it's a blatant lie. I'll call them out on that.
That's like, his opinion man. Just like it's yours to think otherwise. I personally agree with him. Although I never cared for the PS1 or PSP library to begin with. I bought a PSP for Socom, that's really about it.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's like, his opinion man. Just like it's yours to think otherwise. I personally agree with him. Although I never cared for the PS1 or PSP library to begin with. I bought a PSP for Socom, that's really about it.
It's not an opinion, though. It's something that comes from a place of ignorance. He doesn't know a lot about the system, therefore he claims false information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.