Hardware Who else want to buy ps3 now o.o?

Shinintendo

OP
Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
Who else is going to buy ps3 now? Me that's for sure.
But for the life of me I can't decide how much Gb should I have...
How many games do you play in one sitting? and overall in a week/month?
Does 120gb seems enough for the jailbreak hack?
Any place that is trusted and cheap to buy it overseas? (I live in Israel = huge taxation)
and btw is the new motion sensor controller comes with the new version of machines or you must buy it outside of the box?

Help me, soon to be ps3 mates
nayps3.gif

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would go for the 120GB version. It's enough for about 60 real games, but it's not enough for the jailbreak. Neither is 160GB. So your probably gonna have to get an external hdd or a better internal hdd anyway if your going to use jailbreak.

edit: I meant the save data for 60 real games...

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would go for the either for the PS3 slim Platium pack, but prefer the 320GB Slim edition.

But actually if you want to have the most out of your PS3, get a Phat edition. 60GB is the best edition out there, but 80GB's will do too. (Card readers/PS2 BC)

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, in America, the 120GB and 160GB costs the same. Not sure what the F happened there.

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shinintendo said:
So it's better if I find a 80gb ps3 and link it to 1TB HDD XD?
Yes it would be actually.
QUOTE(Shinintendo @ Sep 11 2010, 02:18 PM) Does the BC works well?
I believe it doesn't work with all ps2 games, but I'm not sure because I don't have bc on my ps3. And with 1TB you can play enough ps2 games with psjailbreak anyway.. if there's gonna be an emulator or something.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather just buy the cheapest model then swap out the hard drive with a much bigger one of my own. With Steam on the way, even 160GB will seem small.

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
120GB slim version is the way to go! It dont cost as much as i thought actually, just 300Euro over here, call that expensive but it cost 700Euro when the phat version got RELEASED! (I like to call it phat because its fat...)

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Advice Fox said:
I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather just buy the cheapest model then swap out the hard drive with a much bigger one of my own. With Steam on the way, even 160GB will seem small.

Steam is coming to PS3?

Shinintendo

OP
Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
CJL18 said:
not me because when the new games come out you wont beable to play them probably beaucse it will have 3.42 update on it
That's what scares me too...that they will force on you the updates via the games.
but I bet the hackers will work on taking out the update and leaving the game intact.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Shinintendo said:
CJL18 said:
not me because when the new games come out you wont beable to play them probably beaucse it will have 3.42 update on it
That's what scares me too...that they will force on you the updates via the games.
but I bet the hackers will work on taking out the update and leaving the game intact.

doubt it you will probably have to have 3.42 to run the games and removing the update the game probably wont even run. People think this is gonna be a cat and mouse game but i doubt it. Sony did there homework this time, but who knows but i wouldnt be holding my breath if i was you
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1