Who else is upset at these wii-u speculators

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by nunavat2010, Nov 18, 2012.

Nov 18, 2012
  1. nunavat2010
    OP

Member nunavat2010 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Those who pre ordered weren't actual gamers, they were just trying to make a quick bucks. More than 2500 units on e-bay and even the local kijiji have adds with asking price of $600. I hope Nintendo will release a new batch next week.

jalaneme likes this.

2. mori123

Member mori123 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I am one of said Speculators P:) i preordered 6 units. 1 for me one for my brother 4 to resell so Mine is free. Interested? p:) asking 600 p:) rofl. and if hilarity isn;t enough My ads on Kijiji!

3. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    for you

[​IMG]

boombox, McHaggis, 431unknown and 7 others like this.
  4. IBNobody

Member IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

United States
    Supply and demand. If there are people willing to buy at $600+, why not sell them?

Felipe_9595 and Veho like this.
  5. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    it's the same on amazon.com wii u basic model selling for $400!

6. mori123

Member mori123 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Why Thank You i Will treasure it always p:) yes i am a Bloody wanker but oh well, My local area lineups were pathetic anyways noone in them and basic models all over noone seems to want them

7. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    While their intentions are profitable, their motives are unjust. However if you didn't preorder you really can't complain. I didn't, kind of regret it, but those "wankers" aren't getting an extra $100-$200 out of me just so I can play a WiiU earlier than I can if I waited for more stock.

xwatchmanx likes this.
  8. Fear Zoa

Member Fear Zoa This... This is the world we live in

United States
    I suspect that so many people are banking on the wii U being like the wii when it launched that its actually creating artificial demand.

All will even out in time.

HorreC likes this.
  9. Shoat

Member Shoat GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Douchebags are douchebags, that's just how it is.
    And as long as there are people stupid enough to play into their hands, that will not change.

So the only sensible thing you can do is have patience and wait for normal-priced ones to be available again instead of flushing your money down the toilet.

10. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    If someone is has fanboyism or gadgetism so deeply instilled in his or her cranium that he or she is capable of paying exponentially more money for a new console, phone or whatever other device than they are supposed to cost, or more than they're worth, actually, then it's entirely justifiable to sell these things to those people at the price point they are willing to accept. Supply and Demand - the motor of economy. It's a di*k move, but an allowed one, so if they can afford it, they're entitled to do so. It's an investment like any other - that's how business works, buy cheap and sell for more.

11. Deltaechoe

Member Deltaechoe The Dopefish

United States
    You'll be happy to know my deluxe bundle is displaying battlestar galatica right now, does that mean I lose the wanker competition?

12. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Well...every man for himself, right?

I never wanted anything so bad, that I had to have it first...so personally, I don't even see the point of preordering, but that's just me.

13. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I made a lot of money selling the 3DS to stupid places like CeX who paid too much for them and later had to reduce them. I never pre-ordered them though (I'm a cunt but not that much of one), I saw how much CeX was willing to buy used ones for and how much Sainsburys were selling them and grabbed and sold and used the money to give my daughter an amazing day out. :yaypsp:

As for those who do pre-order and then sell them on, I'm on the fence. On one hand they're taking consoles away from those who genuinely want them, on another cash isn't always easy to get hold of, there are worse ways to earn cash.

Supply and demand, blame those who are too impatient/stupid to pay the prices or wait for supply.

14. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Eh, I wouldn't even call this a dick move.

Now, if this was over food, medicine, or other items vital to people's health and well being, then yeah, sure. But we're talking about a video game console here - if someone didn't have the foresight to preorder and doesn't have the patience to wait, that's on them, not the seller.

15. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    sorry, we don't deal in runner up prizes ;)

16. Deltaechoe

Member Deltaechoe The Dopefish

United States
    But it feels like I should win something for thinking ahead, oh wait I did, a Wii U

clarky likes this.
  17. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    If people are stupid enough to buy from these hoarders then let them be that stupid. That doesn't mean I like the hoarders, but they are free to do things like this should they want to.

18. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    the joke is on them none buying them ahahaha

19. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Nintendo released enough machines that huge shortages are probably not going to happen.

At least I hope....

20. Rockhoundhigh

Member Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

United States
    At this point in my life I've realized already that buying a console at launch is damn near never worth it so no tears shed over this for me.