Hacking Who else is pumped for the EZ4 Lite Deluxe?

MegaMario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I am! I already put my old EZ4 Lite on cragslist for $85 (with a 512 MicroSD card) I put it on last night and already got 3 responses! I amgoing to pre-order from winsunx. I might also pre-order the compact version also because it is so cheap and the combine shipping.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I received both versions (Deluxe & Compact) for review.

Initial impressions -

The external hasn't really changed. It's white and glossy, still no spring loaded TF slot, and the case on that whole side isn't connected together properly, ostensibly to make it easier to remove the microSD. In fact, it never quite connects together properly unless you add a dab of superglue or whatenot. No coloured cases, and no more USB cable included either, but there's still the EZ SD Reader.

Compatibility results will obviously be addressed in the review, but GBA support is much, much better than the original. My first impressions are essentially that this is what should have been released the first time around!

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sounds like a good alternative to supercard lite if u're not into homebrew and more into GBA games.

M3LV1N

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I received both versions (Deluxe & Compact) for review.

Initial impressions -

The external hasn't really changed. It's white and glossy, still no spring loaded TF slot, and the case on that whole side isn't connected together properly, ostensibly to make it easier to remove the microSD. In fact, it never quite connects together properly unless you add a dab of superglue or whatenot. No coloured cases, and no more USB cable included either, but there's still the EZ SD Reader.

Compatibility results will obviously be addressed in the review, but GBA support is much, much better than the original. My first impressions are essentially that this is what should have been released the first time around!

When will your review be available for public viewing?

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make sure you test for slowdowns in the reviews, wonder if they've improved that. FF3's intro FMV might be a good test to do with cards now along with Castlevania.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i should be getting mine soon too..i pre ordered off winsunx and it now says available for ship...so im assuming they got some in stock now. the castlevania intro plays almost near perfect on my regular ez4 lite now with the lastest loader/client...occassional hiccup/scratchy audio...but it is watchable and not like wtf nemore lol

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just my EZ4L Deluxe AND Compact or does this EZ4L re-model still not fit flush into the DS Lite?

It still sticks out a little, and if you ask Costello he'll tell you that running your hand along the bottom of the DS with this inserted could hurt!
laugh.gif

ez4lds1.jpg

ez4lds2.jpg

There are also pics of the PCB if anyone would care to see...

ez4lpcb1.jpg

ez4lpcb2.jpg

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No it's not just your's, Slade on the sosuke forums reported the same. Also the castlvania test though improved greatly on the last update on all EZ4 still can't run 100% smoothly on the same mem cards as SC/M3 lites, and certain games still have the stutter/load effect.

On the GBA front the only advantage of the deluxe over previous EZ4's is that it can run 256Mb gba roms straight from the mem card due to it's 256Mb PSRAM. So that's better for a 1 or 2 roms out of almost 2500, woop dee doo. (I don't count double roms as it's better to have them on single anyway)

On a plus side EZ4 reckon they are releasing a client tommorow (12th) that is good for Lego Star Wars 2, apparently.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does it stick out less than 0.8mm?? or is it basically the same thing with a gap cover? do other flash carts experience this slight sticking out as well? i thought i remember reading the sc lite wasnt perfectly flush either..andif the m3 lite is perfectly flush...less than .8mm distance isnt worth 79.99 b4 shipping on winsunx.

yee

Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
^

It's not as flush, but still pretty flush. Also alot easier to take out then the Supercard Lite.

Shaunj66 and Qrayzie, have you noticed your EZ4 coming apart?

Right to the left of the MicroSD slot, it's coming apart, only on my Deluxe though. I'm going to try tightening the screw later and adding some glue perhaps.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shaunj66 and Qrayzie, have you noticed your EZ4 coming apart?
Yes just like the original, the casing isn't designed very well and the right hand side unclips easily.

And this isn't a plug, just a response to a question above, but the M3 Lite sits beautifully flush (at least mine does). It looks spot on.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ yee...try loosening the screw as opposed to tightening it....i remember from the original it came too tight and caused the case to squeeze together too tighly on one side and thats why it didnt seem perfectly joined on the corners..when i loosened it both sides evened out

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well when i loosened the screw from my original ez4 lite....i didnt even turn the screw a quarter of the way around, so it was still tight, just not squeezing them together as tight as it possibly can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: