who else has a nintendo 64 ?

lexus-8

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when i was 8 i got my first ever console a n64 played it night and day. now im 14 i still playit.and yesterday i just found a shop that sells games for it. i was just wonderiong if anyone else still has one.

biggrin.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The 64 was definitely not my first console but up until a few years ago I played it quite often (marathon multiplayer perfect dark sessions usually taking the honours).
I wired my actual console up a few months ago and played again, I would like to believe I am not a graphics obsessive but even then I find the games have not aged well unlike 8/16 bit titles which are still fine to play (even more so now I can play them on the move).

I have however recently taken up playing the odd 64 game via an emulator which I find a far better route (not least of all becuase of high res texture replacement).

As for games they are still everywhere and damn cheap too, you probably will not even have to look too hard to find to "rarer" titles.
I will however suggest finding an official ram expansion as I have had nothing but issues from various 3rd part ones I have encountered.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My first computer was a spectum
laugh.gif
Got that over 20 years ago. Thats real retro
laugh.gif
I did get a N64 last year, never had one before. When they were released in the UK they were expensive so were the games.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I still have mine and all the games I've ever had for it (except for one I traded in a long time ago). But I never play it since I can play most of the games on my laptop (work, parent's house, vacation, etc). Plus I don't play it since the analog sticks are all too loose to use. But I do have some great memories from it.

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have a NES, but it broke due to a game genie not fitting properly. I still have SNES/N64, I have a cube, and I'm getting a Wii.

I also play N64 games with replaced textures, as some of the texture replacement projects are really good.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still have it
smile.gif

we use to play SSB on it.. when i go back to it, i think "where did the rest of the characters go????!"
laugh.gif
Destruction derby was one of my favorite games, along with the original tony hawk pro skater, and who could forget The Legend of Zelda OOT??
biggrin.gif

kelvinate

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Still have it, definitly not my first console. My first console was the red and white famicon system in japan. I still remember fondly the 'blowing on the cart' to get every game working.

No, I didnt have many games for my N64 (SM64 being the best, blast corp being the most destructive) , most of the games I played using a pc emu.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transparent purple N64 with matching controller, transparent green controller, transparent smoke gray controller. About a dozen games, assorted rumble pak/controller paks. I snagged all this last year so my little kids (currently 3 and 1 year old) could have a cartridge-based console to abuse in a few years. I've even got four official replacement joystick modules. Need more games though.

Disc-based systems are great for teenagers and up, but Nintendo ought to start selling a SNES/N64 hybrid console with about 20 games hardwired to the PCB for around $50-75 so parents can get something for their little kids that's bulletproof and still quality. That leapfrog shit don't cut it.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
of course i got a N64? who doesn't? ;P but i've played so much that my analouge sticks are nearly unuseable in many games. like when you have to sneak in a game it's impossible with my controls ^^ the next time i get ill i'm gonna get new sticks so i can play all the games i always plays when i'm ill ;P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"