who else has a nintendo 64 ?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by lexus-8, Oct 12, 2006.

Oct 12, 2006

who else has a nintendo 64 ? by lexus-8 at 9:16 PM (2,501 Views / 0 Likes) 35 replies

1. lexus-8
    OP

Member lexus-8 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    when i was 8 i got my first ever console a n64 played it night and day. now im 14 i still playit.and yesterday i just found a shop that sells games for it. i was just wonderiong if anyone else still has one.

[​IMG]

2. Heinrisch

Member Heinrisch GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    Ofcourse I still have my old n64! However, I never play on it anymore.. [​IMG]

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    The 64 was definitely not my first console but up until a few years ago I played it quite often (marathon multiplayer perfect dark sessions usually taking the honours).
    I wired my actual console up a few months ago and played again, I would like to believe I am not a graphics obsessive but even then I find the games have not aged well unlike 8/16 bit titles which are still fine to play (even more so now I can play them on the move).

I have however recently taken up playing the odd 64 game via an emulator which I find a far better route (not least of all becuase of high res texture replacement).

As for games they are still everywhere and damn cheap too, you probably will not even have to look too hard to find to "rarer" titles.
    I will however suggest finding an official ram expansion as I have had nothing but issues from various 3rd part ones I have encountered.

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    My first computer was a spectum [​IMG] Got that over 20 years ago. Thats real retro [​IMG] I did get a N64 last year, never had one before. When they were released in the UK they were expensive so were the games.

5. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    I play mine every day. Mortal Kombat Trillogy is a regular occorance in my home.

6. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    I still have mine and all the games I've ever had for it (except for one I traded in a long time ago). But I never play it since I can play most of the games on my laptop (work, parent's house, vacation, etc). Plus I don't play it since the analog sticks are all too loose to use. But I do have some great memories from it.

7. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    I used to have a NES, but it broke due to a game genie not fitting properly. I still have SNES/N64, I have a cube, and I'm getting a Wii.

I also play N64 games with replaced textures, as some of the texture replacement projects are really good.

8. Kyoji

Member Kyoji ウッーウッーウマ

United States
    Still got it, bought Battle Tanks and Mischeif Makers for it the other night. Very good purchases.

9. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    still have it [​IMG]
    we use to play SSB on it.. when i go back to it, i think "where did the rest of the characters go????!" [​IMG] Destruction derby was one of my favorite games, along with the original tony hawk pro skater, and who could forget The Legend of Zelda OOT?? [​IMG]

10. kelvinate

Member kelvinate GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Still have it, definitly not my first console. My first console was the red and white famicon system in japan. I still remember fondly the 'blowing on the cart' to get every game working.

No, I didnt have many games for my N64 (SM64 being the best, blast corp being the most destructive) , most of the games I played using a pc emu.

11. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Still got my N64.

DAMN, Goldeneye is hard to play on it after using Mouse/Keyboard.

12. PineappleH

Member PineappleH GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have, but havent touched it for a while. Although I was thinking about play SSB again. . . .

13. rayden

Newcomer rayden Member

Germany
    Yeah, I still got 2 as well - nice console.

[​IMG]

14. Westside

Member Westside Sogdiana

Uzbekistan
    oooo... That white one looks hot.

15. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I've got one, though, it's broken. Couldn't find a reason why, the game wouldnt launch when it was turned on..

16. XeNoGeaR

Member XeNoGeaR GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    iv got 2 europe and 1 japanese..

3 in total

and aroudn 70 games

17. rayden

Newcomer rayden Member

Germany
    Thanks! I painted it myself - It was kinda fun. [​IMG]

18. KeitaroBaka

Member KeitaroBaka Advanced Member

France
    Still have mine too. Conker's Bad Fur Day was the best. I'm still playing this game. [​IMG]

19. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Transparent purple N64 with matching controller, transparent green controller, transparent smoke gray controller. About a dozen games, assorted rumble pak/controller paks. I snagged all this last year so my little kids (currently 3 and 1 year old) could have a cartridge-based console to abuse in a few years. I've even got four official replacement joystick modules. Need more games though.

Disc-based systems are great for teenagers and up, but Nintendo ought to start selling a SNES/N64 hybrid console with about 20 games hardwired to the PCB for around $50-75 so parents can get something for their little kids that's bulletproof and still quality. That leapfrog shit don't cut it.

20. wohoo

Member wohoo GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    of course i got a N64? who doesn't? ;P but i've played so much that my analouge sticks are nearly unuseable in many games. like when you have to sneak in a game it's impossible with my controls ^^ the next time i get ill i'm gonna get new sticks so i can play all the games i always plays when i'm ill ;P