gryto

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have an acekard2.1 running AKAIO 1.4.1 and a kingston japanese 2gb microsd card.

I find that I experience a noticeable load delay when switching out of the pokemon view screen, moving out of buildings etc. (it's about 1 second longer than no$gba)
The scrolling speed when scrolling through the items in the bag is also much less smooth. This is the most noticeable aspect of it.

Note that I have done all the recommended things to prevent lag, like trying the old dma mode and formatting with the panasonic formatter.

I would like to find out how prevalent this issue is with other flash cards.
So please post your flash card and memory card, and whether you experience this sort of lag.

alltooamorous

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am also experiencing lag with Pokemon Platinum. It is noticeably slower when compared to Pokemon Pearl/Diamond (I use Edge 1.45 Firmware with a 4GB Sandisk)

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Perfect Pokemon Platinum
biggrin.gif

Retail BTW. lol

DoS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
With Pokemon Platinum is really hard to know who has and who hasn't any lags. I myself played the game for some days until I noticed it. It's much more present in the longer black screen before battles, and slow scrolling in the menu. Many people won't notice and will say everything is fine. Unless we are all side by side to look at each other DSs screens, we just won't ever be sure =/

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alltooamorous said:
I am also experiencing lag with Pokemon Platinum. It is noticeably slower when compared to Pokemon Pearl/Diamond (I use Edge 1.45 Firmware with a 4GB Sandisk)

Exact same thing i have here, and yes it is noticable
dry.gif
, but it isn't what you would call game-ruining.

On topic, I remember i thread like this springing up somewhere, use the search function in the forum, you may find your solution in that thread

gryto

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Maz7006 said:
alltooamorous said:

Exact same thing i have here, and yes it is noticable
dry.gif
, but it isn't what you would call game-ruining.

On topic, I remember i thread like this springing up somewhere, use the search function in the forum, you may find your solution in that thread
Yeh I did. It was mostly just a bunch of people complaining and making ignorant statements, and I couldn't form any conclusions.

gryto

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
DoS said:
With Pokemon Platinum is really hard to know who has and who hasn't any lags. I myself played the game for some days until I noticed it. It's much more present in the longer black screen before battles, and slow scrolling in the menu. Many people won't notice and will say everything is fine. Unless we are all side by side to look at each other DSs screens, we just won't ever be sure =/
Yes I think most people think I'm talking about graphical lag, but it's more delayed loading when browsing the bag items and the black screen loading, which I guess people don't notice.
Perhaps if people play the retail card or on an emulator they'll see.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have no lag on my Cyclo.

And it could very well be that you are imagining it. Pokemon just is really really slow in the menu. It really sucks especially considering that the RSS-menu was probably double the speed. Might just be that No$GBA emulates it a little faster than it is on the DS. Wouldn't be the first time something like this happened.

R3AKT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a very similar setup, DSi, acekard2i (AKAIO 1.4.1) + 2 gig jap kingston. I just beat the pokemon league and haven't noticed any lag. I heard that retail carts have a similar problem but it might just be the save times.

gryto

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well if the lag is lke that on the retail cart, then I have no complaint. Definitely not imagined though, there is a very noticeable difference on no$gba. It's more an annoyance though, and I probably wouldn't have made an issue if I hadn't seen the difference in no$gba.

Edit: Actually, I checked a couple of older threads and a couple of people confirmed that the retail card doesn't have this lag.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a DSi with an acekard2i ( firmware AKAIO 1.4.1 Proper) with an 8GB Lexar micro sd. Never experienced lag on any game, and that includes Platinum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1