Hacking Question Who do you think is going to crack the new keys first?

Who is going to crack the new keys first?

• TX

Votes: 96 39.3%
  • SciresM

Votes: 110 45.1%
  • Someone else

Votes: 38 15.6%

• Total voters

Nasha004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Team xecuter have a team working together behind it sooo

I know they are well known to ‘steal code’ but this is big. If not it’ll be someone else

Nasha004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Having a team means little. Sometimes one or two people can accomplish more than a large team
It is true, it looks like a lotta work tho, is looking like the os could need recoding in a lotta ways. I think this is gonna be more of a who has more time to write than a breakthrough issue. I might be wrong tho (and I hope I am)

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The major (obvious) change is that TSEC is now actually involved, and TSEC is a blackbox with signed secrets.

Much like the gamecart slot, TSEC is a self-contained entity with its owned signed FW and secrets. It has an open stage 0 but that might not be enough/satisfactory, and TSEC has for the most part remained wholly undocumented for the Switch because its not been used but it is also not obviously open to be documented.

Nasha004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
The major (obvious) change is that TSEC is now actually involved, and TSEC is a blackbox with signed secrets.

Much like the gamecart slot, TSEC is a self-contained entity with its owned signed FW and secrets. It has an open stage 0 but that might not be enough/satisfactory, and TSEC has for the most part remained wholly undocumented for the Switch because its not been used but it is also not obviously open to be documented.

Daym, this is gonna take a while. I remeber them doing something with the 3ds similar to this to mess up homebrew when Pokemon was released.

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a team means little. Sometimes one or two people can accomplish more than a large team
Right, just because you are paying a team doesn't mean they are going to be first. Someone doing it in their free time for fun is probably way more skilled. It's really a game of who can find the keyhole in this pitch black room at this point.

Reactions: Coolsonickirby

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they were smart about it, they would have held off a tiny bit longer. They just gave hackers a good headstart.

These patches and overhauls take months to work on and produce, this wasn't schedule for or related to Smash. This is a massive overhaul of their security. If TSEC cannot be pwned/bypassed, you can't do jack shit even with RCM on 6.2+. This is far bigger than Smash or Pokemon.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just in time for SMASH me thinks lol
I'd be surprised if smash needs the update, it gets release in just over two weeks so I guarantee games have been printed or are in the process of being printed now, they should start arriving in stores in about a week and the whole distribution train means it'll be too late to incorporate this update into the game

Reactions: Rauliki

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd be surprised if smash needs the update, it gets release in just over two weeks so I guarantee games have been printed or are in the process of being printed now, they should start arriving in stores in about a week and the whole distribution train means it'll be too late to incorporate this update into the game
Afaik, there has already a pre-load of the title available from CDN for weeks. I think this was even pre-6.10. So I'd say chances are <1% that smash will require 6.20 - or at least we will have a version floating about that will not require it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over