Who can't get the Mario Kart Channel to install?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Bob Evil, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Bob Evil
    OP

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Every time I try to get the MK Channel to install, I get a black screen, and I have to eject the disc, and reset the machine.

I have a PAL Wii w/ 3.2E firmware, and have a YAOSM 3.0 chip.

The game works perfectly ... I have my FC ... all that good stuff ... just can't get the MK Channel.

Is this happening to anyone else? Or, has it happened to you, and you resolved it?

2. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i ain't got the game yet so i can't do much to help :S maybe it's the media or something?

3. Bob Evil
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nope ... media is not the issue ... Verbatims with good dyes, burned at 4x, using ImgBurn ... the game plays perfectly ... just an issue with the channel installer ... hmmm

Thanks for trying though [​IMG]

4. jimmyjam

Newcomer jimmyjam Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Worked fine for me. I have PAL console with Wiikey with latest firmware.

5. Bob Evil
    OP

United Kingdom
    I wanted to know who had the problem, not who didn't.

Unhelpful post.

6. boxhunter91

Newcomer boxhunter91 Advanced Member

Australia
    IS the game dual layer or single?

7. leocamilo

Member leocamilo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sorry, I know this thread isn't about this, but does anyone know when the american version is gonna be released?

8. m0dm0use

Member m0dm0use GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    maybe worth trying to extract the iso and get the update onto a separate disc that may help.

9. Scoobos

Newcomer Scoobos Advanced Member

Get into the habit of burning at 6x. It's the Wii's native read speed and you will get better results.

I don't know the answer to your question as I use the original, but the channel does install - it takes a loong time though and appears to connect to the web during the install (I use Nintendo Wifi USB Connector on my PC and can see the Wii connecting).

Maybe its to do with this disk having none standard partitions or something? Maybe the channel is stored in an unexpected area of the disk for your chip or something, just guessing - I wouldn't be surprised if the channel is on an extra dvd partition entirely.

10. lou_weed

Member lou_weed GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    the channel installer is inside the game , not on the usual first partition (i believe its on the third, like the vc-games in SSBB)

11. Bob Evil
    OP

United Kingdom
    It is not a burn speed issue. I have always burned at 4x ... for years, on many different systems ... they always work.

I do know that the disc has 3 partitions ... update, game & channel installer.

12. Scoobos

Newcomer Scoobos Advanced Member

Don't be so closed minded. You can get SSBB working on 30p dual layer disks at 6x on a Wii.

The always, on every system shows your frustration a little - I'd beg to differ you get anything to run on a Mega CD at 4x.

not trying to be pedantic, just got a sniff of "no no no" in your reply. Try it - see what you find - I reckon your Wii cd rom will make less noise , if nothing else.

Back on track though, I reckon if they are on new partitions, then its not unreasonable to think that the chip you are using is causing the problem and may need an update - OR maybe you can edit the iso and put the partition where the chip wants it. (I'm thinking like the Wiinja SSBB find).

You can buy the game today though, and prob have it by Wednesday - I got mine from Game today.

13. Bob Evil
    OP

United Kingdom
    Do me a favour ... don't patronise me ... I have been gaming for 32 years, and pirating for 25 ... talking to me like I'm some school kid will just make me switch off to you.

EDIT : And my 4x SSBB works perfectly.

14. Mailenste

Member Mailenste GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    As already stated in the release thread, I have the same problem: Can't install Mario Kart Wii Channel.
    Screens turns black and I have to turn off the console and restart again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My system:

PAL Wii 3.2E (launch system; updated a few weeks ago when the Wii Ware mail came in)
    WiiKey 1.9s (updated from 1.9g to 1.9s when 1.9s has been released)

Never had any double channels and never used any channel remover or stuff like that.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will try to move a VC game from the 1st to the 3rd page. Maybe that's the problem. And I will try if trucha signed games still work for me or not. I have a bad feeling about this one...

15. boxhunter91

Australia
    Thebobevil he is just suggesting to take another approach. He is doing what you require in the thread (HELP YOU OUT). Your the one that is being rude.

16. Bob Evil
    OP

United Kingdom
    It's the way he's saying it.

17. Bob Evil
    OP

United Kingdom
    Typically, for the internet, another guy on another forum is telling me to burn it at a slower speed.

That's the net for ya.

18. boxhunter91

Australia
    But maybe he is right. Try burn the ISO at 6X. If not it could most certainly be an error with the YAOSM chip.

19. Mailenste

Member Mailenste GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I did burn it at 4x, 8x & 16x. It's always the same. Black Screen Of Death, if you try to install the Mario Kart Channel.

20. Bob Evil
    OP

United Kingdom
    It can't be the speed ... it would affect more than this one thing, plus, some people on other boards are reporting the error, too ... they have different chips, some of them, and report a selection of speeds, media & burning software.