Hacking Who can tell me the difference between the DSTWO Plus et Gateway 3ds?

monique

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just comme le title, I wander to know the difference between Supercard DSTWO Plus and the Gateway 3ds. People said that dstwo plus used the plugin of Gatway3ds, so a DSTWO Plus can instead of Gateway 3ds?
Could you tell me more about this question? I haven't seen much infomations on the internet.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gateway has 3DS ROM support mainly.
The DSTWO uses a plugin to emulate all of GW's features, along with built in DS, SNES and GBA ROM support.

monique

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, Gateway is the original flashcard.

DSTWO+ Is emulating the gateway 3ds, so basically, it's a clone.
Thanks, whether a DSTWO Plus can replace the Gateway 3ds? I know that Gateway3ds is the best flashcard for console V4.1-9.2, but dstwo plus is a flashcard 4 in 1, and it's easier to use, so I realy want to buy on, but I don't know if lDSTWO Plus can instead of Gateway3ds.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
last time gw cart got cloned, something happened. it may or may not happen again.
use cfw.
if you want ds flashcart, you can consider dstwo+.
if you use it as gw red cart, only use recommended launcher.dat

Last edited by honyo29,

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last time gw cart got cloned, something happened. it may or may not happen again.
use cfw.
if you want ds flashcart, you can consider dstwo+.
That is the reason why i don't like the gateway team. To tear up someone's machine because they did not buy their product is wrong. They should have focused on the clone card's hardware. I'm planning to get the DStwo+ .

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That is the reason why i don't like the gateway team. To tear up someone's machine because they did not buy their product is wrong. They should have focused on the clone card's hardware. I'm planning to get the DStwo+ .
why not steer clear of gateways work and buy a sky3ds if you object to their tactics so much

Reactions: porkiewpyne

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i don't like gw team's way to handle clones as well.
but i don't like the fact that dstwo team doesn't make their own launcher even if the cart has the same capability as gw cart, if they does make their own launcer. they could offer more features even if they were just existing cfw features such as coldboot, dg mset for old models, gba/dsi support for o3ds, screenshoot, maybe run .3dsx from cart and more.
and make their customer to use gw launcher is putting them on danger (may not happen though, since last clones use modified launcher, this time the clone is using the exact same launcher)

Last edited by honyo29,

monique

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fact, I don't know too much about flashcard, so what's a CFW, it's a difficult for me, and can't understant clearly what you said...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
to gamesquest1, by what i have read about the sky3DS, it's life span is in question.
yeah but if you have a 4.x-9.2 3ds you can use cia files of games that use the new AP, my point is that your not proving a point by buying a clone card....you still use gateways work....except you put yourself at their mercy, its like saying "i think coke is bad for you, so im going to buy coke in a bottle branded as pepsi"...its the same sh*t in the bottle

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
In fact, I don't know too much about flashcard, so what's a CFW, it's a difficult for me, and can't understant clearly what you said...
CFW lets you enter a similar mode to Gateway, you can play installed cia files but can't run .3ds files directly from the GW cartridge. It is free, as opposed to having to buy the GW card. I have two tutorials in my sig, one for new 3ds and one for old 3ds and 2ds.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CFW means custom firmware, is when you run an official firmware but with some modifications in the code that allow you to do things that you wouldn't be able to normally do (play unsigned games in this case).

They are free since they are files that you put in a SD card and then use an exploit to run them.

The most popular CFW for old 3DS is rxTools, you can read more about installation here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

You can do a Google search in your own language too, I'm pretty sure lots of people have done translations to all languages.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
With the DSTWO+ you basically get two solid flashcarts for the price of one, and in addition to that it's cheaper than the Gateway. You can use one cart for all your DS, 3DS, SNES and GBA needs (though the latter two might still be better in native 3DS mode on a n3DS) and never need to swap it out.
It IS a clone though, it's not endorsed by Gateway, and they might stop it from working with future Gateway updates. That's the risk you're taking when buying a DSTWO+.
However, SC have a great track record, and I don't think they would risk their reputation on a clone unless they were certain that it can't be blocked by a Gateway update.
Gateway has made some rather questionable decisions in the past, not to say that SuperCard cloning another company's cart isn't questionable, but I trust SC team over Gateway.

But, bottom line is, the DSTWO+ is relying on Gateway to provide future updates with new features, support etc. and if everyone buys the DSTWO+ instead then Gateway have no incentive to continue improving their cart, so by buying a DSTWO+ you are not just hurting the Gateway team and the chances of them providing updates and improvements, but you are hurting your chances of getting further updates and improvements for the DSTWO+ as well. If you have the money you should support the Gateway team who did all the work that made this possible.
Either that, or get CFW. If you are on the lookout for a DS flashcart though, getting a DSTWO+ over a DSTWO is a reasonable decision since you get more features and a faster onboard CPU for not much more money.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.