Who also wants a release of a home version of switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Moritz, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Moritz
    OP

Moritz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2009
    Brazil
    I wish nintendo releases a cheaper version of switch.
    How? It´s simple, just release it without screen, without battery, without joy-cons but with one pro controller.
    80% of the reveal trailer is showing switch being a portable system, but I really want just a home system.

Nintendo may release it in the future like they did with the 2DS version of 3DS.

2. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    No, No, No, Mother hugging god no... Doesn't need to have confusing skews.

Rudelof likes this.
  3. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    no thx

Rudelof likes this.
  4. brigcaster

brigcaster GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2015
    Greece
    Under the Moon
    I could see it happening in a couple years. Nintendo themselves didn't rule out multiple form factors.

5. dontay0100

dontay0100 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2007
    United States
    - That defeats the whole purpose of a HYBRID console, no dude. That would just be another Nintendo Console with nothing but games just like xbox and ps4.. They need a hook, they may have gotten one..

Rudelof and gnmmarechal like this.
  6. brigcaster

brigcaster GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2015
    Greece
    Under the Moon
    The main feature of the 3DS is glass-free 3D. 2DS exists. If they manage to establish a healthy gaming ecosystem with Switch, it's not unreasonable to expect hardware variations down the line.

7. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    Guess what.
    For your purchase of a Nintendo Switch you get a home version of it for free!!!!!!
    JUST LEAVE THE GOD DAMN THING IN THE CRADLE AND NEVER MOVE IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rudelof, gnmmarechal, Conn0r and 6 others like this.
  8. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I doubt it, but not impossible. I understand where you are coming from, but that defeats the purpose of the name and console. Just leave it in the dock, if you don't want to use it as a portable and who knows? Maybe you want to at least play it in bed sometimes. Not to mention, start confusing people all over again. I don't see the price going that much down, by removing the portable part. If they do, by that time the original Switch would be cheaper, anyway.

While 2ds is a good point, it didn't go as far as make it a non portable device.

Any different form factors or variations, I still think would be able to work as a portable or console.

Last edited by KingVamp, Oct 25, 2016
    gnmmarechal and Tomato Hentai like this.
  9. zac122

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    it would have to have a new name not related to "switch" in any way though which may confuse people later. the point of the system was to have a bridge between handhelds and home consoles. making a variation that is just a home console, or just a handheld would be a step backwards.

Rudelof likes this.
  10. Moritz
    OP

Moritz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2009
    Brazil
    I wish it would be real free, I need to pay for an expensive ultra bright HD screen, pay for an expensive ultra high-capacity built in battery, pay for 2 ridiculous small controllers when I don't plan to use any of them?

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor...a-handheld-only-package-for-switch-at-launch/

Funny that the rumors talk about the oposity, nintendo, I wish a home console only!

11. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    Of course you'll need a TV, no console ever has come with a TV (the NES TV and others like it are exceptions), if you plan on using the Switch as a home console only why would you need a high capacity battery?? and last but no less, you'll have the Joycon L and R, no need to buy a controller separately.

12. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I really doubt they are going do anything near launch. Maybe they will announce console and handheld only switch at e3. Honestly, I think the handheld only one is kind of redundant tho.

13. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Just make it super confusing like the 3DS/2DS/new3DS. Call it something like...the Nintendo Switchless.

zac122 and Veho like this.
  14. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
  15. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Or they can call it the ol' Nintendo Switcheroo.

BORTZ likes this.
  16. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    I can see it happening like it did with the Wii Mini. Cut off most of the features and sell it to parents looking for a cheapo home box for the kids.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  17. zac122

zac122 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    Didn't even consider the wii mini. Doesn't seem horribly unlikely tbh

18. DrkBeam

DrkBeam GBAtemp Fan

Jun 12, 2016
    Spain
    I would prefer a exclusive handheld console, since I use more often the 3ds than my Xbox 360 even though both consoles have a big library, anyway the switch output probably will look better on a tv

19. Iamapirate

Iamapirate GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2013
    I suppose it's possible down the line, but shouldn't come anywhere close to launch. Would cause too much confusion.

Also, if a game requires both setups at different points (say, a Zelda puzzle or something) you'd be pretty screwed.

20. Raylight

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    lmfao that made my day