Homebrew White screens when trying to boot CATSFC on dstwo.

themyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, running into an issue here.

Used fat32format to format my 64GB microSD to FAT32, copied the three catsfc.xxx files to sdcard\_dstwoplug, and copied the CATSFC folder to microSD root. Running the latest EOS/firmware for the DStwo, 1.36 for CATSFC. This is on a 3DS XL, using Gateway (although probably irrelevant). I get two white screens and freezing every time.

I tried reformatting 2x thinking that may have been the issue, but no dice. TEMPGBA works great.

I'm at a loss here... I don't think it is the fact I formatted my 64GB card to FAT32 since everything else on this card works 100% perfectly.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to fix this issue? Many thanks.

themyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I threw CATSFC on a regular 16GB MicroSD and it works great with no problems. I'm guessing this particular emulator has issues with SDXC cards formatted FAT32.

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I threw CATSFC on a regular 16GB MicroSD and it works great with no problems. I'm guessing this particular emulator has issues with SDXC cards formatted FAT32.

Actually, if I remember right, the Supercard DSTwo specs said it could handle up to 32GB MicroSDs, didn't it?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if I remember right, the Supercard DSTwo specs said it could handle up to 32GB MicroSDs, didn't it?

Yeah, that's what the faq on the dstwo site says

Q:What size of MicroSD does SuperCard DSTWO support?​
A:DSTWO support SDHC, up to 32GB.​

themyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's what the faq on the dstwo site says

Q:What size of MicroSD does SuperCard DSTWO support?​
A:DSTWO support SDHC, up to 32GB.​

True, but unofficially, SDXC cards formatted FAT32 should have no problems. Every other emulator/game I threw on the 64GB card works fine except CATSFC. Oh well, no big deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1