White Screens of Death.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Mai_Andie, Apr 6, 2008.

Apr 6, 2008

White Screens of Death. by Mai_Andie at 2:44 AM (1,098 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Mai_Andie
    OP

Newcomer Mai_Andie Newbie

United States
    Hi,

Well, I need some help here. I think my card is broken. Well I full formated my Fire Card. And when I load the slot 1 it gave me the "error: open xmenu.dat error!". So I tried manually inserting that file into the root directory. I followed some advice here on this forum. I did the hold up+l+r+a+b and got the "USB safe block d12(addr5), and then I clicked on the "nand_all.bat" file but then I get this error "nand_init error". So I can't do anything. my computer doesn't recognize the cart as a USB... nothing. I'm really kinda frustrated as I was hoping to get it running out of the box... I'm about ready to get another card or get my money back. Can someone help me or suggest something I haven't tried yet?

Thanks.

2. leinad

Member leinad GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Are you using Windows Vista ?

( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=597...mp;#entry765739 )

---
    As I understand you will have to redo the Firmware-Upgrading Process on Windows XP to fix it :x

3. Mai_Andie
    OP

Newcomer Mai_Andie Newbie

United States
    Thanks. I actually got it working. I had to use an old busted DS that I had lying around. For some reason when I connected it to that DS the computer recognized it as a USB drive and managed to copy over the xmenu whatever file [​IMG]