White Screens of Death.

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Mai_Andie, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Mai_Andie
    OP

Mai_Andie Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2008
    United States
    Hi,

Well, I need some help here. I think my card is broken. Well I full formated my Fire Card. And when I load the slot 1 it gave me the "error: open xmenu.dat error!". So I tried manually inserting that file into the root directory. I followed some advice here on this forum. I did the hold up+l+r+a+b and got the "USB safe block d12(addr5), and then I clicked on the "nand_all.bat" file but then I get this error "nand_init error". So I can't do anything. my computer doesn't recognize the cart as a USB... nothing. I'm really kinda frustrated as I was hoping to get it running out of the box... I'm about ready to get another card or get my money back. Can someone help me or suggest something I haven't tried yet?

Thanks.

2. leinad

leinad GBAtemp Fan

Apr 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Are you using Windows Vista ?

( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=597...mp;#entry765739 )

---
    As I understand you will have to redo the Firmware-Upgrading Process on Windows XP to fix it :x

3. Mai_Andie
    OP

Mai_Andie Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2008
    United States
    Thanks. I actually got it working. I had to use an old busted DS that I had lying around. For some reason when I connected it to that DS the computer recognized it as a USB drive and managed to copy over the xmenu whatever file [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice