White Screen With my Super Smash Bros Brawl copy

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by kesvalk, Mar 25, 2008.

1. kesvalk
    OP

kesvalk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Brazil
    Okay, i have a Modded Wii with D2Ckey and the 3.1U firmware of Wii,

i made a backup copy of super smash bros(U) in a verbatin 2.4x

i can read the game, update and go until the create save game, when it gets to the opening movie, i get a white screen and the game hold into it.

i got the copy running on a friend's Wii, so i think is not a copy, what can it be?

please, help me out guys, i brought Wii almost entirely to play Brawl (and MP3)

thanks in advance...

2. piepants

piepants GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2007
    Dubbo, Australia
    Did you set a layer break before you burnt the disc? I burnt a copy last night for a friend, and didn't set the layer break (he has a WiiKey so doesn't need it), but it wouldn't boot on my D2CKey. Same symptoms as what you describe (white screen at the intro).

3. Tragedies

Tragedies GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2007
    A friend of mine burnt a Custom DL break for me of Brawl. Using Argon 1.8 Wi 3.2E I get the White screen error after loading screen.

Hope someone finds a solution that works for everyone.

4. kesvalk
    OP

kesvalk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    Brazil
    A layer break? i will try that

another question, i don't have a wi-fi connection here, there is some other way to get the 3.2U update?

like, downloading it from the net and burning it in a dvd, or there is any game that have this update, i heard some guys saying that the this update fix the brawl problem...

5. Tragedies

Aug 31, 2007
    The 3.2 update doesn;t fix the white screen.

It didnt for me >_>

6. dgege

dgege Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    Just wanted to say that I burnt an image without specifying a layer break and it works perfectly. I burnt it using K3B (Linux) on a Memorex DVD+R DL at 6x.

7. Tragedies

Aug 31, 2007
    Hm. My friend says he'll burn me one without the #error 001. I'd tell him to do the above, but I think it's too late =/ Anyone care to explain what the error 001 is?

8. dobedo

dobedo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    I've got the same error on my Wii. It's modded with a Wasabi chip and I burnt the disk using a Verbatim DVD+R DL on my Mac using the disk utility without setting a layer break. First time I loaded the disk it created a save and then went to white screen. After the first time the title screen shows, audio cuts out, and a few seconds later I get either the white screen or a game disk read error. Has anyone found a solution yet?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice