Homebrew White screen VNDS on Hiya cfw

UTTLCT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I lost my R4i, and used Hiya cfw instead for loading backups. I followed hacks.guide when the dsi section was still up. I've played games just fine (ds, nes and gb) but whenever I tried to open a nds file that was homebrew instead of a game I get nothing but a white screen. This happened for the genesis and snes emulators, but I didn't care enough to keep trying. Now, it happened again with VNDS, but I really want to make it work this time. The .nds I downloaded is from weeaboo.nl and I placed the whole vnds folder (not just the .nds) on the root of the sd card. I couldn't convert umineko myself so I downloaded a converted version from the vita piracy subreddit hoping it would work, but no luck. Anybody, help?

Last edited by UTTLCT,

UTTLCT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you using TWiLight Menu++ to launch it?
As far as I'm aware, it is. Whenever I turn the ds on "hiya cfw" flashes onscreen and the menu where I can load the games from appears. And that's Twilight Menu, right?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I'm aware, it is. Whenever I turn the ds on "hiya cfw" flashes onscreen and the menu where I can load the games from appears. And that's Twilight Menu, right?
If it had folders, then yes.

VNDS might not be compatible.

UTTLCT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Either that, or you can try setting up a RAM disk for VNDS. Instructions are in the first post of the TWLMenu++ thread.
Thanks. I'm following but on step eleven I don't know how to open the per-game settings to set RAM disk to 0.

Edit: Nevermind. I just had to press Y.
As long as the settings are these I get a blue screen:
Direct boot: Yes
ARM9 CPU speed: 133mhz (TWL)
VRAM boost: On

Last edited by UTTLCT,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I'm following but on step eleven I don't know how to open the per-game settings to set RAM disk to 0.

Edit: Nevermind. I just had to press Y.
As long as the settings are these I get a blue screen:
Direct boot: Yes
ARM9 CPU speed: 133mhz (TWL)
VRAM boost: On
Turn direct boot off to use the RAM disk.

UTTLCT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wasn't really sure what to put into the ramdisc so since it had to be 16 Mb max I only put the vnds.nds there before creating it. Just to let you know, maybe I screwed up there. They were on separate folders. Tried to place vnds on ramdiscs folder and white screen again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended