white screen on DS LITE using a fake R4 SDHC Dual Core smart update 3DS DSI

oid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
hello everyone, I hope you can help me.I wanted to reuse an old fake 2013 r4 sdhc on a nintendo ds lite, I tried a lot of firmware and I was getting the message of infinite loading then I found the firmware of my r4 (I state that it is that of spongebob) I put it and instead of the infinite loading I check the white screen, help me please!

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
ds lite should not have any protection (only dsi/2ds/3dses go updates...
2 things to try:
  • setting date back of your ds some fake cards use a timebomb in the code witch make it not function past a year or five after being sold.
  • charge the ds full
Give us pictures front and rear (with shell and whithout it shell) of the clone card, for we might have a wood or so that would function with it.

Reactions: Takokeshi

oid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
2 things to try:
  • setting date back of your ds some fake cards use a timebomb in the code witch make it not function past a year or five after being sold.
  • charge the ds full
Give us pictures front and rear (with shell and whithout it shell) of the clone card, for we might have a wood or so that would function with it.
the date was already set in the year 2000 cmq already tried

Attachments

• IMG_20220509_205305.jpg
    IMG_20220509_205305.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20220509_205319.jpg
    IMG_20220509_205319.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 153

oid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
2 things to try:
  • charge the ds full

Attachments

• IMG_20220509_211112.jpg
    IMG_20220509_211112.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20220509_211131.jpg
    IMG_20220509_211131.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 155

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Go back to the previous version of the kernel that was working for you.

Or use WOODR4 instead which is a kernel designed to work with fake R4 cards. If WOOD4 doesn't work, change the date to somewhere around 2010.

oid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena

Or use WOODR4 instead which is a kernel designed to work with fake R4 cards. If WOOD4 doesn't work, change the date to somewhere around 2010.
you must understand that this card i stopped using it in 2013 and i am not using the same sd card as then, and i had stopped using it until today, only now i am trying to reconfigure it from scratch

oid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena

absolutely nothing,if i use this one: https://web.archive.org/web/2013091...4isdhc-white/2013r4isdhc-whiteEnglish1.52.rar, it show me just a white screen ,while if I use this: http://www.r4ds.com/wood-r4/wood-r4-v1.62-download.html#google_vignette ,crashes with infinite loading like all other firmware

oid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
Try one of these: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/flashcard-archive/tree/main/files/r4isdhc.com

- formatting your card in "fat32, 32kb allocation size
- your sd card is corrupted, use another one
- set back your ds lite to 2010/11
- clean you contacts fom your r4 and ds lite

If it still doesn't work, your card is maybe broken.
nothing works of what you advised me, I know for sure that the r4 works because this problem occurred after resetting the micro sd which obviously is not the same one I am using then,one thing i noticed though is that when you change sd card the loading remains infinite while with this sd card,just a white screen, i'm going crazy, i think it's about finding the right firmware

Gozaburo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Most R4 cards stop working after a few years because the manufactures creating cards with limited time software. (timebomb)

oid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
Most R4 cards stop working after a few years because the manufactures creating cards withoh shit, thank you anyway to you and whoever tried to help me, a kiss limited time software. (timebomb)
oh shit, thank you anyway to you and whoever tried to help me, a kiss

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
absolutely nothing,if i use this one: https://web.archive.org/web/2013091...4isdhc-white/2013r4isdhc-whiteEnglish1.52.rar, it show me just a white screen ,while if I use this: http://www.r4ds.com/wood-r4/wood-r4-v1.62-download.html#google_vignette ,crashes with infinite loading like all other firmware
i had the excact same card a few years back, clean the contacts with alcohol and put thin layer of plastic to the back of the card, and use the firmware with the white screen. the contacts are a weak point of this card.
it shouldn't have a timebomb on it (mine worked 3 years ago with the firmware icon you described).
ysmenu should work great with it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-ysmenu-woodr4-on-r4i-sdhc-3ds-rts.470619/
ooohhh almost forgot, copy your roms and firmware first, remove all dirt files (like .nfo files and so on) repartition the SD-card to fat16 or fat32 (i forgot which it was) now put all files back on your SD-card.

Last edited by JaapDaniels,
Reactions: oid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, fuck i'm feeling old too