Hacking White screen of the Dead, on DSiXL with R4

UsoliaNaviento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First of all, i'm french, sooo, i'm not too bad in english, but please, don't use SMS, or too complicated words please >< Thank you for helping me!

So. My friend asked me to hack is DSi XL. He buyed a R4 i RTS 3DS(but this one is compatible with 3DSXL/3DS/NDSiXL/NDSi/NDSL/NDS(this is writing on the card)) from www.r4ids.cn

His DSi XL software is the 1.4.5E and the langage is French.

I install WOOD R4 V1.64 ( http://filetrip.net/dl?FhXOBrY7vI ), and i add the patch for DSi/XL ( http://filetrip.net/dl?9l07ieOpEm ) .

I used the programm on the DSi and i do the upgrade. I'm not a 100% sure if ALL the install are good(the program is not clear D=), but, I turned off the DSiXL.

After that, the icone for this card have changed on the DSiXL. I don't know what is the name BEFORE the upgrade, but AFTER, the name is "(japanese word, I can write it)DORASU".

When i want to launch the hack, i only had a White Screen.(I hate you, WSOTD

Please, help me. I don't want to buy a new one! And i don't know what to do....

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That card should have worked straight out of the box for a DSi XL 1.4.5e if he had just bought it. Did you actually try it on his XL before you ran the update. If you read the readme.txt in the file, it tells you how to fix. You need a DS Lite and another working slot-1 card to fix the broken R4i RTS 3DS. You run the file on the working card in the DS Lite, then swap the cards, then press 'A', and it will reflash the broken R4i RTS 3DS card. Also use the newer patch (linked below) when you repair. And when you're repairing, use 'R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSL_3DS.nds' from the rar.

http://filetrip.net/dl?3mbPXwTcpP

UsoliaNaviento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When he buys the card, they don't give a micro SD card, so, i figured i needed to install the upgrade... So, no, i don't test it before doing the upgrade.(That the first time i hack a DS. When i hack it, i figured that similar to the Wii hack. that really stupid, i know).

I have another card... But, that a M3 Sakura DS REAL. So, that don't work.

I don't have any other solution? I NEED to buy another card?

I have a DS Lite. Can i use my M3 Sakura to repear the R4i on it?
[Test it. Don't know how to sup message. Will edit soon]

So, that don't work. I used my NDSL to put the upgrade on the card. I have a "succes" when i install the upgrade, but, that always a WSOTD on the DSiXL.
I cannot used your Patch, because that don't work on my DSL. I used i post in my first message, i follow the readme.txt files...

When i install the upgrade, i press the KEY_B, but i don't see anything happen... That normal?

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When he buys the card, they don't give a micro SD card, so, i figured i needed to install the upgrade... So, no, i don't test it before doing the upgrade.(That the first time i hack a DS. When i hack it, i figured that similar to the Wii hack. that really stupid, i know).

I have another card... But, that a M3 Sakura DS REAL. So, that don't work.

I don't have any other solution? I NEED to buy another card?

I have a DS Lite. Can i use my M3 Sakura to repear the R4i on it?
[Test it. Don't know how to sup message. Will edit soon]

So, that don't work. I used my NDSL to put the upgrade on the card. I have a "succes" when i install the upgrade, but, that always a WSOTD on the DSiXL.
I cannot used your Patch, because that don't work on my DSL. I used i post in my first message, i follow the readme.txt files...

When i install the upgrade, i press the KEY_B, but i don't see anything happen... That normal?

The patch I linked is the latest patch from r4ids.cn and contains two files. Only one works on a DSL. It is 'R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSL_3DS.nds'. Flash this using a DSL, then the card should work on a DSiXL with Wood 1.64. The other thing that could affect things, is if you had somehow ended up with an earlier revision card. But if he has just bought it, then that is unlikely. Check your card revision. It is a small letter to the right of the contacts on the card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)