Homebrew White screen at the end of these two games

Jalkhov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Good community, I'm using TWiLightMenu with HiyaCFW on my DSi XL. I have two games that leave me on the white screen when I finish them. The first one was Super Mario 64 DS, when I beat Bowser and the scene should come up where he comes out of the hole, goes blank, and then doesn't go through. The second one was with Mario & Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story, when I beat dark Bowser all right, but the white screen happens when Bowser opens the gift that was sent to him by Princess Peach, when he says Fin, when I press a button, it vanishes on the screen and goes blank, is that something in terms of incompatibility? Or the ROMS? I'll leave the MD5 Checksum in case it helps.

Mario & Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story (USA) (En,Fr,Es): 52cefbf66051f3256db84bac2d08e3bc
Super Mario 64 DS (EUR): 0329d1cd58d7cea2f3a9d072baabc261

The nds-boostrap compatibilty listing doesn't say anything about it.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good community, I'm using TWiLightMenu with HiyaCFW on my DSi XL. I have two games that leave me on the white screen when I finish them. The first one was Super Mario 64 DS, when I beat Bowser and the scene should come up where he comes out of the hole, goes blank, and then doesn't go through. The second one was with Mario & Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story, when I beat dark Bowser all right, but the white screen happens when Bowser opens the gift that was sent to him by Princess Peach, when he says Fin, when I press a button, it vanishes on the screen and goes blank, is that something in terms of incompatibility? Or the ROMS? I'll leave the MD5 Checksum in case it helps.

Mario & Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story (USA) (En,Fr,Es): 52cefbf66051f3256db84bac2d08e3bc
Super Mario 64 DS (EUR): 0329d1cd58d7cea2f3a9d072baabc261

The nds-boostrap compatibilty listing doesn't say anything about it.

Hello.:)

On which TWiLight Version is your DSi XL please ?

Thank you.:)

Jalkhov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Before proceeding, to be sure, I should follow the steps: Moving from SRLoader or DSiMenu++ and DSi CFW Update instructions right? Since my way of using everything is through an SD card.

Yes please.:)
For an DSi XL you are an SD Card User with CFW (Custom Frimware).
You can also backup your SD Card before you do the Update.:)

Reactions: Jalkhov

Jalkhov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Mmm I'm on the first step

Go in sd:/_nds/.
Rename SRLoader or DSiMenuPlusPlus to TWiLightMenu.

But the only directories that my _nds folder has are the following:

TWiLightMenu
nds-bootstrap

And other files. Should I skip that renaming step?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Mmm I'm on the first step

Go in sd:/_nds/.
Rename SRLoader or DSiMenuPlusPlus to TWiLightMenu.

But the only directories that my _nds folder has are the following:

TWiLightMenu
nds-bootstrap

And other files. Should I skip that renaming step?

Ok that sounds a little too complicated:

You have only to copy

_nds Folder
The Content of the DSi - CFW users\SDNAND root Folder
and
The Content of the DSi&3DS - SD card users Folder

over and if asked confirm overwrite Files.:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1. In the 7z file, extract the "_nds" folder from both the 7z root and the "DSi&3DS - SD card users" folder, to the SD Card root. Merge folders, when asked to.
  2. Extract the "boot.nds" file from the "DSi&3DS - SD card users" folder, to the SD Card root.
  3. Extract what's in "DSi - CFW users/SDNAND root" to the root of your SD card.
  4. Put .gb/.gba/.gbc/.gen/.gg/.nes/.nds/.sms/.smc/.sfc ROMs anywhere on your SD card.
  5. (Unlaunch users) In Unlaunch menu, go to options, and set the "No button" option to "TWLMENUPP".
  6. Launch TWiLight Menu++!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3d...-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200/

Jalkhov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I've copied all the files exactly as the instructions say, and when I go to the next step:

In the Unlaunch menu, go to the options, and set the "No button" option to "TWLMENUPP".

I don't see TWLMENUPP as written, I see many TWiLightMenu++ but none called TWLMENUPP.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've copied all the files exactly as the instructions say, and when I go to the next step:

In the Unlaunch menu, go to the options, and set the "No button" option to "TWLMENUPP".

I don't see TWLMENUPP as written, I see many TWiLightMenu++ but none called TWLMENUPP.

Very good to see you have managed it.:)

Which Unlaunch Version do you have pleas ? Maybe you have to Update it also (actual is Version 2.0)

The Entry should be sdmc:\BOOT.NDS
You should see the Path in Unlaunch on the LOWER Screen.

Reactions: banjo2

Jalkhov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Very good to see you have managed it.:)

Which Unlaunch Version do you have pleas ? Maybe you have to Update it also (actual is Version 2.0)

The Entry should be sdmc:\BOOT.NDS
You should see the Path in Unlaunch on the LOWER Screen.

Yeah, I got the 2.0, I'll do what you say, and I'll be right back.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, it has been executed correctly, I assume it has gone well because the intro is different, I will play the games in question and I will be warning if the same thing happens on the white screens.

Jalkhov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The white screen is due to soft-reset not implemented.

I figured it might be something like that, only I have no idea how to refer to it in terms of NDS. I tried out Super Mario 64 NDS again and it didn't give me the white screen, Mario came out of the hole after defeating Bowser, I'm missing Mario & Luigi Inside Bowser, it's a little more extensive to defeat Dark Bowser. But based on what you say, I think he's going to throw the white screen at me anyway.

Jalkhov

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yes, Mario & Luigi inside bowser is still blank, well, we'll have to wait for an update, one last question, that's something from nds-bootstrap or TwinlightMenu?

D

Deleted member 513667

Yes, Mario & Luigi inside bowser is still blank, well, we'll have to wait for an update, one last question, that's something from nds-bootstrap or TwinlightMenu?
nds-bootstrap, as nds bootstrap is what allows you to run retail games (not homebrew). Every version of twilight menu contains the latest version of nds bootstrap, which you can replace if you want to

KGBEER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
veo que eres de venezuela, si sigues revisando este post podemos hablar en español
unfortunately I'd guess you can't except to the forum area reserved
to other languages all the discussion inside the forum must be made in
English.

Sorry for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...