• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

White House must [temporarily] return CNN reporter's media pass, judge rules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah actually they're a joke because libertarians sold out their beliefs and values to toe Trump's party line, practically all in unison.
They were never real Libertarians then. I don't agree with everything the LP stands for, but partisan politics are ruining this country, and I'll take literally anything else.

Attacker3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only because people like you and many others make it that way. Keep toeing the party line.
Buddy I hate them because they're a fucking meme. Ignoring the stupidity of Xzi, the libertarian party don't have any charisma and have no marketability to the general public. When people see how unprofessional they act, they don't vote for them, simple. Rand Paul is one of the only professional ones.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buddy I hate them because they're a fucking meme. Ignoring the stupidity of Xzi, the libertarian party don't have any charisma and have no marketability to the general public. When people see how unprofessional they act, they don't vote for them, simple. Rand Paul is one of the only professional ones.
Hard to stay professional when constantly mocked. Don't blame any of them.

Attacker3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How is individual liberty stupid?
I think you misunderstand. I'm the biggest libertarian here, I meant how they present them. They try and make it sound "cool" and stuff and it is, but the infamous quote involving gay couples protecting weed fields with a rifle is just stupid.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you misunderstand. I'm the biggest libertarian here, I meant how they present them. They try and make it sound "cool" and stuff and it is, but the infamous quote involving gay couples protecting weed fields with a rifle is just stupid.
Well, you have a point there. Not sure how they present themselves irl, because I'm the closest one I know in person, but yeah they could use some help on social media lol.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's that party at Quebec National Assembly, they're all dressed like... teenagers?
catherine-dorion-qs-2.jpg

0d726ca4-94a5-4a4b-a163-2d4b0bc3196d_JDX-1x1_WEB.jpg

zanetti-code-vestimentaire.jpg

No joke, that's really how they are dressed at the Assembly
How can you take them seriously

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And again, Rand Paul just makes excuses for Trump's behavior and supports everything he does. Libertarianism in this country is dead and the libertarians themselves killed it. Their desire to be a part of a populist movement outweighed their desire to stay true to their values.

Last edited by Xzi,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And again, Rand Paul just makes excuses for Trump's behavior and supports everything he does. Libertarianism in this country is dead and the libertarians themselves killed it. Their desire to be a part of a populist movement outweighed their desire to stay true to their values.

that reminds me that same party i talked about two posts ago
they are like "We must not build a third bridge to link Quebec City and south shore, it will only pollute more the area"
However, the same people who said that, claimed an amount of money for deputy so they can buy a new car
like, wtf...

Reactions: Xzi

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Jim ever does, and all CNN reporters do is complain ad infinitum. They contribute nothing positive, always being negative, they only despise Trump because he doesn't share the same left views as does CNN and their reporters. Happy? I can't stand the left because they're always complaining about how those on the right never agree with anything. Why can't people just believe whatever political views they want and not have the opposite side cry about it?

CNN has done nothing but bash the right, so, apparently, it's now a crime to not have left/liberal views in this day and age. You have to be PC to not offend little Johnny, you have to have gun control because that will somehow stop criminals, oh I could go on and on.

So yeah, Jim Acosta is a dick for not being a well-balanced and fair reporter, only being a biased little punk, contributing absolutely nothing of value. This is why I have zero faith in the mainstream media, no news and celebrity-like sensationalist bullshit.
I have to agree to some extent about CNN, when fix went far right(and profited, probably due to many myself included who watch it as a joke), they decided to go, I would say very far left, but far left enough to be just as biased in some ways.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Those pictures reminds me of this. Link

I care more about what people are saying and doing more than what they are wearing.
i know, me too
but still, theres a minimum of decorum at an important place such as the Assembly
I mean, would you go wearing such stuff at the wedding of your cousin?

Attacker3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are blinded by political affiliation. Rand Paul has his own beliefs involving liberty, which his dad probably taught him. If he is for some reason supporting Trump on a lot of his decisions, then Trump is doing things that will improve freedom. Simple as that. It's nice to pretend everyone is brainwashed to ignore the fact that democrats nowadays don't stand for freedom, and while republicans aren't much better, I'd rather support more freedom than less.

Reactions: barronwaffles

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._in_power_there_is_no_conservative_party.html

I’d say he sticks to his platform regardless of party lines.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't know if the rest of the post following this statement is really much better :/
You must’ve missed where he said CNN and Jim Acosta can “suck it” ... ok I admit I chuckled at it :rofl:

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ruling basically reassures the White House can't dictate who is or is not an acceptable or unacceptable reporter. They have to deal with the people sent, dicks or no dicks. I'd rather not have the White House be able to influence which specific reporters get allowed into the bullpen/report on them, so this is good news.

Last edited by osaka35,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You are blinded by political affiliation. Rand Paul has his own beliefs involving liberty, which his dad probably taught him. If he is for some reason supporting Trump on a lot of his decisions, then Trump is doing things that will improve freedom. Simple as that.
Trump has directly attacked at least two constitutional amendments multiple times. He attacks the FBI, CIA, the military, veterans, and other branches of government. At the very least it's quite clear he doesn't favor freedom of the press. He wants to invoke Eminent domain thousands of times so he can build a border wall. So yeah, I'll definitely call bullshit on that one. Trumpism is 100% incompatible with Libertarianism just as much as standard super-spendy Neoconservatism is.

He gives it lip service, that's not the same as sticking to it. He's certainly not going to chastise Trump for any obvious government overreach on the part of the executive.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup