Hacking White Ds tends to crack? Who knew?

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seriously...I just now notice that my White DS lite has a tiny crack on the top right and as I looked on other websites, it seems to be a universal problem. Did you guys know about this? and is it just the polar white Ds or all of them? Thanks.
Kevin

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah.. my first DS Lite (white) knows about it.. :/
tongue.gif

my second DS has begun to crack as well -.-
except the hinge problem,my new DS has alot of touchscreen issues..
first it was 0.5-1cm off, i sent it in for repair, came back, nothing fixed, sent it away again, with a THOROUGH explanation, got it back.
seemed fine, but i've noticed that when i press lighter than.. HARD, the touchscreen recognize the touch as 4CM to the right for a millisecond...
really tired of this -.-

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't speak for everybody, but I knew this, which is why I bought a black one (that and because I didn't want white, but I digress). I learned of this back when NSider still existed. The composition of the plastic that they use for the white DSL is too brittle. Never mind what Ninty said about it (something about some screw being too tight), it's the composition of the white plastic that is at fault.

I don't know if it's ONLY the white one with the issue, but I've never heard of any other colors having the problem myself. Pics of the crack were ALWAYS a white DSL. I've had my black DS since they were released in USA and it's still fine.

How long have you had the DSL? If it's less than a year, Ninty should fix it for free.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not because of the color, it's because the white DS Lites are the older versions, so they're more likely to crack. If you get a newer color, it's less likely to crack.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
yeah, the first one passed 1 year right before it cracked.
my second one now, im thinking of sending in and requireing a brand new one before august (1 year mark) , because, it is obviously faulty, and already been to repair 2 times..

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so if I had my Ds lite for less than a year? I can send it in for repairment for free under warrenty or something?

P.S. Who's Ninty?

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I might want to do that depending how much it cost...b/c I'll just get it fixed...Sell it and buy a crimson black one
tongue.gif
If it isn't too expensive.And another thought just cross my mind is, why should they charge us for such a faulty product =/

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
Hey, so if I had my Ds lite for less than a year? I can send it in for repairment for free under warrenty or something?

P.S. Who's Ninty?

Ninty is short for Nintendo.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
when you call them, think of Phoenix wright, keep pressing, bring p how nintendo admitted it. but make sure your under warrenty or else it wont work. me and my bro always double team the call guy. pretty fun, but mean.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"They said you a referb"? Sorry but could you clarify that? So..do you mean I just call nintendo and ask if they can cover this problem with warrenty or should I demand for it?
Thanks for replying weaponxxx!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s