White 3-in-1 the 'same white' as DS Lite?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Aerolite, Mar 15, 2008.

Mar 15, 2008
  1. Aerolite
    OP

Newcomer Aerolite Newbie

Australia
    Hey all,

I'm planning on buying an EZ 3-in-1 soon, and was wondering if the white 3-in-1 is the same color white as the actual DS Lite. Can anyone with a white DS Lite+3-in-1 please check this for me?
    I thought I'd ask, since the last time I got a white accessory for a console, it was tinted yellow, making it just look bad. If this is the case with the 3-in-1, I'll get the black one.

If someone can post pics, that'd be awesome, but you don't HAVE too. [​IMG]

Also, are there any significant differences between the white and black versions of the 3-in-1, besides the color?

Thanks and regards,
    Aerolite

2. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    I've got a white one in my Black DS (White Slot-1 card and a White Slot-2 card with a White stylus. I like the contrast it brings).

It isn't tinted yellow or anything, I'm pretty sure it's the same colour as the white DS.

I don't have a white DS to compare it to, but when comparing it to a sheet of paper, it looks pretty white.

It isn't made out of the same material as the case though (like the slot cover is) so the texture feels a little different.

3. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I can tell you that mine matches pretty well with the outer casing of the white DS Lite. The only thing is that the 3-in-1 does not have a clear coating on it and will unnoticably stick out a little bit. My 3-in-1 is nowhere even close to the color yellow, a bit far from it so you won't have to worry about that. Both the black and white 3-in-1s are the same other than the shell.

4. Aerolite
    OP

Newcomer Aerolite Newbie

Australia
    Wow guys, thanks for the quick replys! [​IMG]
    Good to hear about the color; I was sure it didn't have the gloss over it, so I was prepared for that.

About the sticking-out: I was under the impression that newer hardware versions of the 3-in-1 didn't do this? Does anyone know if this is the case?

5. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    I don't think he actually meant "stick-out" as in it sticks out slightly, I think he means that it looks a bit different due to it not being coated, a bit like what I said about the texture feeling different.

6. Aerolite
    OP

Newcomer Aerolite Newbie

Australia
    Ahhh yes, I believe you're right on that, Law. My bad, I misread Arnold's statement. [​IMG]

7. Arnold Schwarzen

United States
    Well I actually did mean that too but it's not that bad, the difference is so small that it's not worth mentioning. I haven't heard anything about newer shells so I wouldn't know if they changed it but if not I don't think it's a big deal.

8. m-p{3}

Member m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Just no shiny coat on it, but still should look better than my Nintendo DS Browser RAM expansion.. especially on a White DS Lite.

9. Arnold Schwarzen

United States
    Yeah it looks good on the white Lite but I really love the look of my dust cover. I might order a spare so I can modify it and fit the insides of the 3-in-1 in the spare cover.