Hardware White 3-in-1 the 'same white' as DS Lite?

Aerolite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all,

I'm planning on buying an EZ 3-in-1 soon, and was wondering if the white 3-in-1 is the same color white as the actual DS Lite. Can anyone with a white DS Lite+3-in-1 please check this for me?
I thought I'd ask, since the last time I got a white accessory for a console, it was tinted yellow, making it just look bad. If this is the case with the 3-in-1, I'll get the black one.

If someone can post pics, that'd be awesome, but you don't HAVE too.
wink.gif

Also, are there any significant differences between the white and black versions of the 3-in-1, besides the color?

Thanks and regards,
Aerolite

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I've got a white one in my Black DS (White Slot-1 card and a White Slot-2 card with a White stylus. I like the contrast it brings).

It isn't tinted yellow or anything, I'm pretty sure it's the same colour as the white DS.

I don't have a white DS to compare it to, but when comparing it to a sheet of paper, it looks pretty white.

It isn't made out of the same material as the case though (like the slot cover is) so the texture feels a little different.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you that mine matches pretty well with the outer casing of the white DS Lite. The only thing is that the 3-in-1 does not have a clear coating on it and will unnoticably stick out a little bit. My 3-in-1 is nowhere even close to the color yellow, a bit far from it so you won't have to worry about that. Both the black and white 3-in-1s are the same other than the shell.

Aerolite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow guys, thanks for the quick replys!
smile.gif

Good to hear about the color; I was sure it didn't have the gloss over it, so I was prepared for that.

About the sticking-out: I was under the impression that newer hardware versions of the 3-in-1 didn't do this? Does anyone know if this is the case?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Aerolite said:
Wow guys, thanks for the quick replys!
smile.gif

Good to hear about the color; I was sure it didn't have the gloss over it, so I was prepared for that.

About the sticking-out: I was under the impression that newer hardware versions of the 3-in-1 didn't do this? Does anyone know if this is the case?

I don't think he actually meant "stick-out" as in it sticks out slightly, I think he means that it looks a bit different due to it not being coated, a bit like what I said about the texture feeling different.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Well I actually did mean that too but it's not that bad, the difference is so small that it's not worth mentioning. I haven't heard anything about newer shells so I wouldn't know if they changed it but if not I don't think it's a big deal.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it looks good on the white Lite but I really love the look of my dust cover. I might order a spare so I can modify it and fit the insides of the 3-in-1 in the spare cover.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1