Gaming Which you prefer -- XCI or NSP ?

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
super xci converted to nsp
cause zelda didnt work with normal xci/nsp update separately in my lite, didnt know why,
so i chose super xci include all dlc & update converted to nsp and the game runs fine

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
super xci converted to nsp
cause zelda didnt work with normal xci/nsp update separately in my lite, didnt know why,
so i chose super xci include all dlc & update converted to nsp and the game runs fine

Because you probably cherry picked non matching versions of the update and dlc.. the super XCI matched. Another reason the whole scene should ditch NSP. So stupid. So you get a 17gb game and need twice the space to install it? Or you can tether if convenient. Retarded. Xci is superior but the scene convinced everyone to go the other way just to stymie SXOS. Butt hurt much? Retarded. I know Atmo couldn't install XCI at first but that was years ago. Why does XCIs keep disappearing? EVERYONE SHOULD USE XCI. EXCLUSIVELY. Why do you all have a hard on for such an inferior format with zero advantages?

NSP, of course. All the games are immediately accessible from the home menu, and can be conveniently deleted (archived) from the settings. It's also super convenient installing games over wifi although it's kind of slow.
I'm using Atmosphere now, but I do have a SX OS license, I never used the XCI feature though.

XCI can do all of these things. Including loading from the main menu. Plus more with SXOS. Why don't you guys realize that NSP is the inferior format? There are new super in his peace there is no USB loading there is no roading directly from an NSP file without needing double the space or the tether yourself in order to install! What? Why do lice like NSP? It's like a fake news propaganda campaign just try to stop sxos users I'm from utilizing some wonderful features. But you atmosphere users lose out too! And we can covert NSP to XCI anyway. I don't know what's wrong with you guys. Why do XCI sections disappear?

Last edited by mikefor20,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Because you probably cherry picked non matching versions of the update and dlc.. the super XCI matched. Another reason the whole scene should ditch NSP. So stupid. So you get a 17gb game and need twice the space to install it? Or you can tether if convenient. Retarded. Xci is superior but the scene convinced everyone to go the other way just to stymie SXOS. Butt hurt much? Retarded. I know Atmo couldn't install XCI at first but that was years ago. Why does XCIs keep disappearing? EVERYONE SHOULD USE XCI. EXCLUSIVELY. Why do you all have a hard on for such an inferior format with zero advantages?

XCI can do all of these things. Including loading from the main menu. Plus more with SXOS. Why don't you guys realize that NSP is the inferior format? There are new super in his peace there is no USB loading there is no roading directly from an NSP file without needing double the space or the tether yourself in order to install! What? Why do lice like NSP? It's like a fake news propaganda campaign just try to stop sxos users I'm from utilizing some wonderful features. But you atmosphere users lose out too! And we can covert NSP to XCI anyway. I don't know what's wrong with you guys. Why do XCI sections disappear?
That's just like, your opinion, man. ;)

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

no i use xci to converted nsp, so no double memory because i installed on pc with nuc tinfoil usb
i tried every version of zelda, no luck, only modified super xci only works

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just like, your opinion, man. ;)

No it's not. Name 1 advantage of the NSP format besides easy to find.

no i use xci to converted nsp, so no double memory because i installed on pc with nuc tinfoil usb
i tried every version of zelda, no luck, only modified super xci only works

See. You had to install drivers and tether to the pc. What if all the files where xci files? And you could load them straight from any device. No installation. No tether. No installing drivers on your PC. Just load the file. Wouldn't that be simpler? You can still running from the main menu the same way everything else runs. It just says insert cartridge for one second before it actually loads. Awesome

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

TBF that pretty much trumps every one of XCI's alleged benefits .... doesn't matter how much better an XCI file is if it doesn't actually exist ;) And you need to stop claiming NSP games take up double the space on the SD card (the file itself and the installed game) because this simply isn't true.

See. You had to install drivers and tether to the pc. What if all the files where xci files? And you could load them straight from any device. No installation. No tether. No installing drivers on your PC.

I think you don't understand what tether means - how the hell do you play an XCI file direct from an external device without tethering the device first ?

Something tells me you bought Betamax rather than VHS right ;)

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

See. You had to install drivers and tether to the pc. What if all the files where xci files? And you could load them straight from any device. No installation. No tether. No installing drivers on your PC. Just load the file. Wouldn't that be simpler? You can still running from the main menu the same way everything else runs. It just says insert cartridge for one second before it actually loads. Awesome
well good point yeah the first one is bit hassle, i dont want to use xci on switch, because need to mount first rather than nsp seamless experience because they installed to switch, and superxci cant install trough tinfoil, always need to converted nsp

no need to tether if u using nuc&tinfoil, just plug&play, nuc is running on start up windows

Last edited by ucupetuks,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBF that pretty much trumps every one of XCI's alleged benefits .... doesn't matter how much better an XCI file is if it doesn't actually exist ;) And you need to stop claiming NSP games take up double the space on the SD card (the file itself and the installed game) because this simply isn't true.

I think you don't understand what tether means - how the hell do you play an XCI file direct from an external device without tethering the device first ?

Something tells me you bought Betamax rather than VHS right ;)

First, readily available is the result of scene bias and stupidity. Not the format. I can convert to XCI! It's simply what the Atmo users have done. Second, you don't understand the XCI function obviously.. Typical Atmosphere User... I can copy it to the internal SD if I like and play it without install. No need for double the space, a PC or anything. I can even download it directly to the internal SD with a GDrive link. Or I can put it on any USB device. And I don't call a flash-drive/SSD with otg cable tethered. Even though it is. It's still portable and very convenient. The NSP format is inferior just like the Betamax.

well good point yeah the first one is bit hassle, i dont want to use xci on switch, because need to mount first rather than nsp seamless experience because they installed to switch, and superxci cant install trough tinfoil, always need to converted nsp

no need to tether if u using nuc&tinfoil, just plug&play, nuc is running on start up windows

If you have SXOS AUTOLOADER set up you do not need to mount the XCI in SXOS menu As long as you have played it at lease once. Just click the game icon. It will say "Insert Cartridge" for a second or two and launch the game. Super XCI install fine with the right installers. And NUT (not NUC IIRC ) Being installed and running at start up is a disadvantage IMHO. I don't want anything installed. All portable.

Seems the Anti SXOS Gestapo has filled the scene with so much misleading information that the true functionality is a complete enigma to most in the scene... I am not sure why you guys don't think that's shameful.. In order to reach it's full potential, the Temp and the scene in general must have open communication and the free flow of factual information. Unfortunately there is so much politics and butt-hurt egos involved the lies and myths will continue to spread and the scene will suffer. I am honestly surprised this thread is not locked yet due to pro SXOS messages. As is customary for dictators and tyrants. Burn those books. NSP SUCK. WTF. I still have yet to read 1 thing NSP can do that XCI can't. Or any advantage whatsoever. If the only advantage is a lack of bias against it and everyone just decides to go for the popular decision then doesn't make all the LGBT introvert misfit Furries here major hypocrites for insisting we be like them and that the only option is to do exactly as others do and go with the flow. Nice selective tolerance. Lame. I think that's an issue with the scene , not the XCI format....

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE YOU CAN INSTALL XCI SAME AS NSP AND IT HAS SAID ADVANTAGES??!?! WTF?!! UGH

Last edited by mikefor20,

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
thanks for xci info. but i'll stick for nsp/nsz, nothing go wrong with tinfoil installer, awo&goldleaf to slow for installing through usb, and superxci make mysdcard corrupted when i failed instal zelda super xci, so i wont use super xci to install again, doing format & installing all game took morethan 6hrs on my512gb, its pain, stick to nsp installer safer than corrupted because super xci

and immortals fenyx superxci cannot be mount, they ask for fw update, then converted to nsp, the game run just fine, weird things happen on my lite, other ppl seems fine

btw i'm using SXOS SXLITE

is there way to instal thorugh raspbian/linux? through usb i mean, not ftp/wlan
most of my game put on hdd raspberry pi, buecause i downloaded via remote deluge torrent on raspberry, they consump only 2watt and powered by solar

Last edited by ucupetuks,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for xci info. but i'll stick for nsp/nsz, nothing go wrong with tinfoil installer, awo&goldleaf to slow for installing through usb, and superxci make mysdcard corrupted when i failed instal zelda super xci, so i wont use super xci to install again, doing format & installing all game took morethan 6hrs on my512gb, its pain, stick to nsp installer safer than corrupted because super xci

and immortals fenyx superxci cannot be mount, they ask for fw update, then converted to nsp, the game run just fine, weird things happen on my lite, other ppl seems fine

btw i'm using SXOS SXLITE

is there way to instal thorugh raspbian/linux? through usb i mean, not ftp/wlan
most of my game put on hdd raspberry pi, buecause i downloaded via remote deluge torrent on raspberry, they consump only 2watt and powered by solar

Ok. If you have SXOS, why are you installing the XCI?? Use SXOS AutoLoader. Run the xci once and you can click on the game icon to mount it from the home menu.. Google SXOS autoloader.

Immortals wont work because you need to update to use it. When you install the NSP you are bypassing the Firmware requirements. Nothing weird.

Just load the XCI on the the SD..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-