Hacking which would be better to use SNEEK +DI or UNEEK +DI?

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it would be best to start a new thread instead of asking in another one, basically I would like to know the advantages for both SNEEK +DI and UNEEK +DI, that way I can decide on which one to use, from what I can tell it seems to me that the SNEEK +DI is more stable than the UNEEK +DI, but I do need information on both to determine which is best to use, I think it's much more better to hear from people that have used either one and hear their opinions about them, reviews are much better than anything else, thanks for all of the help and information :smile:

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Best to use is without any doubt UNEEK-DI but with the NEEK2O mods. ModMii will automatically build the NEEK2O version if you select UNEEK-DI in it's interface.

Brief benefits over other versions are the ability to play games held on USB as WBFS files (not FST format Disc-Ex rips), no need to even have an SD card if you don't want (NEEK is entirely held on USB), support for multiple NANDS with built-in switcher (original NEEK only supported one NAND and that had to be on the root of your device). It's also being actively developed and the devs are on here and very happy to discuss, there's been changes made due to user feedback recently so if something doesn't work or isn't 'right' they're willing to listen.

In my opinion NEEK2O is excellent when used in conjunction with another tool called postloader, there's a huge postloader thread on here and the dev makes changes at an alarming rate! He's a really nice guy too.

Read around the NEEK2O and postloader threads and ask any questions but NEEK2O auto-booting into postloader3 is a dream come true for most of the guys that are currently using it.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neek2o is the best one at this point in time, cause you don't have to redo the games to disc x format.. neek2o read wbfs.. plus you can switch on the fly between nands. uneek an sneek you cant. i had uneek di for awhile, it was easy to use an set up. each to their own on this one.. best bet for you.. just play around with all three an see what you like.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I am in no position to give an objective answer.
With neek2o, we are trying to create a user friendly environment that can function aside cios and usb loaders.
Therefore, we are trying to create an usb only setup, and we moved the nand folders from the root of the usb disk to any subfolder.
And, not to forget, we let it play your backup games in wbfs format so that you don't need to convert them all.
Furtheron, it will allow in future to use homebrew programs with usb access.

Your question was sneek or uneek. sneek is usually a little slower as sd card access is slower. Also, why would you place your 512MB nand on a sd card if you have a 100+gig harddisk.

Sneek has the advantage that homebrew could access the harddisk. With sneek+di, this option is gone again. In such case, even sd access is a problem since sneek uses it for it's nand.
di uses the usb disk for it's games, so none is available anymore.
Sneek has the option to run dml and play gamecube games from the front sd card. This is not possible with uneek for the moment.

Crediar restarted his work on sneek and uneek. Let's say we are looking over his shoulder to add the goodies to neek2o as well.

bnm81002

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the information, sounds like neek2o is the way to go here, thanks to XFlak's ModMii, it will make installing neek2o easier, keep up the great work to neek2o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu