Hacking Which Wii game loader is best?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont really know whats the BEST but ive used CFG exclusively and ive been able to:
1. Get every game i wanted and install them with either the manual from disk rip or
2. Get them all running with options like ios selection and blocking reloads
3.looking like i want it to
4. its comfy and easy to wear use

But like i said, i have no experience with the others at all.

Reactions: 1 person

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it really depends on your preferences since different people like different loaders, normally for very different reasons as well. I personally use CFG since I like the look of it and ave never had any problems with it. I guess you could just try the different loaders that interest you and then decide which one to stick with based on your personal opinion.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always used Configurable USB Loader, and it's what I always recommend when I'm setting someone up with Wii homebrew, but it honestly doesn't matter as long as one's loader is up to date. The best loader is the one you're most comfortable with.

RiPPn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started using USB Loader GX, but then moved to WiiFlow when it's development became stagnant. Now that WiiFlow has had it's internal fight and the development is a mess and confusing with 2 different version I started looking in to other loaders. I am back to using USB Loader GX, they have made great strides since last use including official banner animation which I like so much more than box covers. I may look at CFG due to the number of recommends in this thread though, but I'm pretty happy with GX.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
They all have different pros and cons.

-I personally mostly use WiiFlow-mod (which is now the mainstream WiiFlow version) because of the retro emulator support and it just looks cool.
-I also have USB Loader GX installed because I like the banner player and the fact that it combines multiple partitions and game types in one.
-I've never used Configurable USB Loader (CFG) but it's supposed to be really good. It scores the best on some old polls I found.
-I've also heard good things about PostLoader3.
-There are those that like NeoGamma because of the simplicity.
-I almost can't justify it any more but I also have uLoader installed for the external USB DVD reader support and older NAND "emulation".
-There's also always the option of just loading the games in a NEEK environment.

I think those are the main ones at least nowadays.
Someone should really update the USB Loader Comparison Table so we can see the pros and cons better. It's really outdated at the moment.
Everyone has their favorite they've used but I don't think there are many that are really well versed in the latest version of all of them.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
biased standpoint:

CFG: the arrogant ones use these. This is the superior, text based loader. Don't let them confuse u when they say "no that was the old version, have you tried the new versions"
Wiiflow: the simple ones use these. It's got a decent gui as long as you change that damned ugly ass swirly background
GX: well, i guess the rest of the people use this. It has a nice, wii-like gui, its as stable as cfg and wiiflow, and has the same features.

nonbiased

they all have their pros and cons. 1, decide which look you like best. 2, decide if you want updates. CFG probably wont be updated much, Wiiflow is constantly being worked on by FIX94, fledge, overjoy, and a couple other people contributing. GX has a nice banner animation feature (think system menu) however wont be updated much for, at least by dimok (for now)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
All of the available loaders can run almost all games now, you can choose depending on the way they look,
I use:
Wiiflow-Mod to browse my collection (it now has Gamecube and Emulator support too)
GX to see the newly installed games (very useful when you add games frequently)
CFG to load favorite games (has easy favorite "star" option that can be set to "on" by default)
Postloader allows you to make use of all of the above and has the best emunand loading compatibility using its neek2o mode.

You can have them all if you wish :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things