Which Wii drum kit is the best?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by davidsl_128, Jun 10, 2010.

Jun 10, 2010
  1. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    Here's what happened (long story, just skip it if you want):
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Ok, now you know my situation. Pretty much the same situation as all those early World Tour adopters whose drums stopped working, except I was a late adopter unlucky enough to get a drum set from the old batch. I already tried that hot glue fix online, but it didn't do much besides making double hits more often, so I removed what I could. So, here're my questions to the community:

- Should I get a new drum set when mine stops working, or should I wait a few months after that to get a GH6/RB3 drum set?
    - If I do get a new set early, which is more sturdy and fun to play with: the RB2 set, or the Band Hero set (hell like I'm buying the World Tour one again [​IMG])
    - I really like to have cymbals. If I got the RB2 set, how expensive would it be to get the three cymbal expansions? Is it worth it to have 3 (or is one or two enough?)

2. Pete666

Member Pete666 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I prefer by far the rock band 2 drums! I bought one for 40$ and you can buy cymbals (2 I think, I dont have one) for 30$

the kit is way better than guitar hero or band hero..

never break mine and hitting it very hard

3. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    Well, with the RB3 Pro mode now I'm definitely going to with the RB drums! I'll try to wait for the RB3 ones, but if my World Tour kit breaks before, I'll just get the Rock Band 2 ones and buy the PRO cymbals later on.

btw where did you get them for $40? That's really cheap considering that here with the shipping costs and all $90 is a nice deal!

4. Retal

Member Retal GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    >Wii
    >Best
    >Drum kit

Pick two.

5. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    Go for the RB2 drums. They're $25 at GameStop, ask your US teacher if he/she will pick a set up for you. [​IMG] Also, the cymbals! Gee, I'm just too excited for Rock Band 3. I'm excited for Pro mode [​IMG]

Also, get a second pedal. They confirmed that you'll be able to use two (black port on the back of the drums) as either a hi-hat pedal for drum fills or a second kick for gameplay.

6. Pete666

Member Pete666 GBAtemp Regular

Canada

I bought it 40$ at walmart!!!