Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
sonic209 said:
Westside said:
definitely the Radeon 4670.

However, trust me, even with that card, you will run GTA IV at 800X600 resolution with everything turned medium or even low, or it will be unplayable.

GTA IV is not THAT beautiful, it's just a horrible port.
well then whats the best card you can get below under 80$ that plays gta iv good
Nothing.

You can't really get anything under $150 that plays GTA IV good. Unless you get second hand on ebay and risk getting a DOA, there is nothing else you can do. 8800GT is like a minimum to play it good. If you don't mind a choppy game, them 4670 should do. Even my 8800GT struggles when I turn the settings to a medium-high.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Votkrath said:
sonic209 said:
nccom said:
GTA 4 needs at least 8800gt...well, maybe not if you can play at 5fps.

*Removed Youtube for shorter quote*

this guy is playing gta iv on a 8500GT perfectly

He is playing at low settings at a very low resolution. Which is crap. It's better to get something decent if you want to play the game. At least a 8800 GT which will have problems on higher resolutions.
My 8800GTS 512 while overclocked to 9800GTX+ speeds struggles on medium settings at 1440x900 on that game, with Securom off.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
sonic209 said:
how many FPS will need for speed undercover get on medium settings on the HD 4670
Better than GTAIV, but not that much. However, that game is not better than Need for speed carbon IMHO. It's definitely playable on medium settings. I can play it on high settings on my 8800gt and considering that 4670 is better than 8600GT, I say it's pretty close in terms of performance to my 8800GT.

sonic209

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
sonic209 said:
how many FPS will need for speed undercover get on medium settings on the HD 4670
Better than GTAIV, but not that much. However, that game is not better than Need for speed carbon IMHO. It's definitely playable on medium settings. I can play it on high settings on my 8800gt and considering that 4670 is better than 8600GT, I say it's pretty close in terms of performance to my 8800GT.
thanks for the info,gonna order my HD 4670 on thursday
wub.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
sonic209 said:
Westside said:
sonic209 said:
wub.gif
If you are already upping your budget why not up it a little more and look for an 4850? At least that way you will make the stepup to the rv770. If prices are around the same there as here you should be able to get it for around 120-130. Yes that's 50 bucks more but it is simply much better.

Personally always found that when buying a vid. card it is best to either spend in the current midrange (above midrange will make prices sky-rocket, from midrange prices grow exponentially) or get the previous mid-top cards 2nd hand. That way you don't spend a crapload of money on a card but still get the best bang4buck.

Votkrath

Trophies
XP
Country
Scorpei said:
sonic209 said:
Westside said:
sonic209 said:
wub.gif
If you are already upping your budget why not up it a little more and look for an 4850? At least that way you will make the stepup to the rv770. If prices are around the same there as here you should be able to get it for around 120-130. Yes that's 50 bucks more but it is simply much better.

Personally always found that when buying a vid. card it is best to either spend in the current midrange (above midrange will make prices sky-rocket, from midrange prices grow exponentially) or get the previous mid-top cards 2nd hand. That way you don't spend a crapload of money on a card but still get the best bang4buck.

Yeah, but he seem not to be able to afford it but it's a better card yes. But no, it's just better, it's not just slightly but it's not just much, it's just better. Tom's have been pretty inaccurate lately. And yeah, there is no reason to not get a older card to be honest... from older series because some cards are better than cards from newer series so you shall not pick a card by release date.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's always been the case, as long as you compare apples with pears (and not counting in Direct X support of course)
smile.gif
. In the case of Nvidia however pretty much the entire 9 series (at first) was rebranded 8 series.

In the case of the 4850, why I say it is much better as opposed to the 4670 is that it is based on the rv770 gpu series instead of the rv730 (aside from toms which indeed seems pretty quirky, having a single GTX260 over 2 in SLI
tongue.gif
). The rv770 has several advantages, not to mention it is pretty overclockable (provided you watch the temps or replace the stock cooler at some point).

Granted though the 4670 isn't a very bad choice when on a budget as it IS a 7 series.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I dont know about every card out but you can just search for the specific card and most likely tons of reviews with benchmarks to similar cards from nvidia to compare

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay