Homebrew Which version of Dolphin runs Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn the best?

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, my Wii died while I planned to re-play Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. I was like ''shit man that happens now''.

The smarter side of my brains said: 'Try to use the ISO of the game with Dolphin!' My brains were right, it plays without any major flaws. Except a few which annoy my to much. 'All faces are blurry as the hell, Edward has glasses out of sudden and well it does not look like my Wii version.' Other problem: when I check my MSN while exiting my Full screen gameplay to check, the sound often goes double. I mean I hear the same song twice. But the second one I hear started later and well it is like playing two the same songs at the same time but starting the 2nd one after a few seconds.'

Here are my PC specs:

Dell inspiron 17 Laptop
8GB of workspace(You know just to make my emulator more fast. I love Readyboost!! And my Sandisk 8GB USB Stick)
Big HDD(300GB or something)
Intel Core i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10 GHz
Inter HD Graphics Family, 1.26GB
Windows 7

Running:

Dolphin version 3.0-307-Dirty

What's the best version of Dolphin for me to run Fire Emblem on it any problems?(Or less, at least no messed portraits, Music can always be fixed by quick saving and restarting.)

Thanks for reading, I hope you can help me!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried Dolphin in ages, so it might just be your graphics settings, but I do know that Intel graphics, such as the HD2000 I assume your machine is running with. I do know that with my older laptop I ran the game with no real graphical issues, just slowness. Check your settings, and download the latest build of Dolphin (public release seems to be 3.0-324).

On another note, exactly what does the 'dirty' mean in the build version you're running? If it includes patches not in the main Dolphin source that might also be the cause of the issues.

Running it windowed instead of fullscreen might help with your MSN issues, even if it doesn't look as immersive.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
According to the Dolphin wiki, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn works perfectly on every build from Dolphin 2.0 to the newest build-bot releases, inclusive.

But it says that you should disable Anisotropic Filtering and change the EFB Scale to Fractional.

In my experience, Dolphin revs around 7600 have the highest speed, as well as very good compatibility.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
According to the Dolphin wiki, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn works perfectly on every build from Dolphin 2.0 to the newest build-bot releases, inclusive.

But it says that you should disable Anisotropic Filtering and change the EFB Scale to Fractional.

In my experience, Dolphin revs around 7600 have the highest speed, as well as very good compatibility.

where do I find these two options? I cannot find them. Even checke the wiki >.>

also what is ''anti-aliasing''?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Settings can be found in the graphics config.

aa_af_settings.png

AF sample and example:

1X AF
200px-ZeldaSS-Banding.jpg

16X AF
200px-ZeldaSS-BandingAF.jpg

AA affects the Depth of Field of games, does bluring at high values. Games like Zelda use DoF blurring.

zelda examples from the dolphin wiki. High values in AA and AF require A VERY GOOD VIDEO CARD, not your computer specs. You will have to lower your settings until you come close to the game speed you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse