Which uses less energy?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by stab244, Jul 11, 2008.

Jul 11, 2008

Which uses less energy? by stab244 at 10:22 PM (843 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. stab244
    OP

Member stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hi, I'm new here and decided to finally post. So anyways, I was wondering which Flash Cart uses the least amount of energy. If you want to do comparisms for me, compare it to a M3DS Real since that is what I am currently using. I was thinking about getting a CycloDS Evolution, since I really want to play and backup some of my GBA games onto it. So can anyone tell me which one out of ALL the Flash Carts use less energy.

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    SDHC will use more battery than regular SD cards, other than that it mostly boils down to the games you run. 3D games require more energy than 2D games, while you'll want to eject anything in slot-2 when you're not using it, as that'll suck a bit of power whenever it's plugged in and the DS is on even if it's not being used.

I think the general consensus is that you should take whatever your current battery life is and cut it in half to get the worst-case scenario of the battery life your homebrew device will have. I'm not really in the loop though, so this could be inaccurate.