which suits best for NDS and GBA Roms

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Zenaku-Sasei, Mar 29, 2007.

Mar 29, 2007
  1. Zenaku-Sasei
    OP

Newcomer Zenaku-Sasei Newbie

Germany
    I`m planning to buy an NDS lite and would like to play NDS Roms, GBA Roms and Homebrew on it,

From the posts I read on this forums I get the suggestion that the M3 seems to be perfect for my needs.
    so which one should I choose?

M3 Perfect Adapter lite (micro SD) inkl. M3 Passcard3
    or
    M3 Perfect Adapter (miniSD) inkl. M3 Passcard3

Or is there any problem on playing GBA, NDS and Homebrew Roms with these Flashcards?

Sorry if theres another post with this question, bur I couldn`t find anything similar.
    thanks for helping a newb like me.

Zenaku

2. cheesyPOOF5

Member cheesyPOOF5 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    M3 is your best bet. Nice job on researching so much. Some people just rush their decision and buy a Max Media Dock. I have a Supercard, which is fine with me because I barely ever play any GBA ROMs, but if you want NDS compatibility AND GBA compatibility, go with and M3.

3. Zenaku-Sasei
    OP

Germany
    thanks for the compliment but wich is the best SD card choice? micro or mini?

4. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    It depends. If you are only going to use it in a DS Lite, you'll want micro. If you plan on using it in an old-style DS or playing GBA games with it in a GBA/SP/GBM/GB Player, you'll definitely want miniSD instead.

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Get the M3 Lite(microSD). It fits flush in the DS lite, and you can get a GBA sized shell for it (sold seperately) if you ever want to use it in an actual GBA or an original DS. The MiniSD version is the same size as a GBA game; it will always stick out of a DS lite.

edit: Don't get the 'professional' version. It has greatly reduced GBA capabilities.

6. Zenaku-Sasei
    OP

Germany
    thx for the quick help guys ^^

I made my decision it`ll be the M3 Perfect Adapter lite (micro SD) inkl. M3 Passcard3 becuz I only want to use it on my NDS lite.

I hope this thread will help other users to make the right decision.

7. quadomatic

Member quadomatic GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a Supercard SD, and GBA and DS compatibility is fine. I would think Supercard Lite would be a fine choice.

M3 should be fine too though.