Homebrew Which SNES or GBA emulators run flawlessly or almost flawlessly?

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mGBA plays some games at perfect full speed while others like Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, lag badly. As for SNES, which games run perfect, almost as if Nintendo ported them over to the Virtual Console, themselves?

Of course, I'm talking about for the n3DS, not the o3DS. The o3DS ran GBA games, really, really, really slow (almost as if they were running on Windows 95/98) and only BlargSNES ran only some SNES games, decently.

Last edited by 03bgood,

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gpsp libretro
I only want SNES and GBA emulators that can run some of the games, almost as if Nintendo ported them to the Virtual Console, themselves. Like they did with Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Donkey Kong Country trilogy, EarthBound, etc.

Last edited by 03bgood,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I only want SNES and GBA emulators that can run some of the games, almost as if Nintendo ported them to the Virtual Console, themselves. Like they did with Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Donkey Kong Country trilogy, EarthBound, etc.
You can run gba roms natively via injection. For SNES, why not use Nintendo's own emulator (also via injection)?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I use 1.3.3 gpsp and PocketSNES.
You could try CatSFC or CatSFC+ but those tend to have frame drops on certain games, I hardly have issues with PocketSNES.

For GBA, I would go with mGBA IF it had dynarec, since it doesn't most games also have frame drops.
Sad since I love the antialiasing mGBA has which makes the audio sound clean as a baby's butt.

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use 1.3.3 gpsp and PocketSNES.
You could try CatSFC or CatSFC+ but those tend to have frame drops on certain games, I hardly have issues with PocketSNES.

For GBA, I would go with mGBA IF it had dynarec, since it doesn't most games also have frame drops.
Sad since I love the antialiasing mGBA has which makes the audio sound clean as a baby's butt.
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land was laggy but SMA4:SMB3 played fine.

I watched a video showing PocketSNES running SMRPG and there were rendering issues with the background and the sound was distorted, like the earlier versions of SNES9X on PC. It was comparing it to another emulator, which run the game, very slow but with no rendering issues with the background. Why can't there be an emulator that can run SMRPG without any speed drops and rendering/graphical/sound issues?

Last edited by 03bgood,

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land was laggy but SMA4:SMB3 played fine.

I watched a video showing PocketSNES running SMRPG and there were rendering issues with the background and the sound was glitchy, like the earlier versions of SNES9X on PC. It was comparing it to another emulator, which run the game, very slow, but with no rendering issues with the background. Why can't there be an emulator that can run SMRPG without any speed drops and rendering/graphical/sound issues?
I tested PocketSNES Super Mario RPG and it worked fine, not totaly absolutly perfect but close.... didnt play all through just tested the first part. ShadowOne333's reply is the best combo of emus you can get right now.

Last edited by tatumanu,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested PocketSNES Super Mario RPG and it worked fine, not totaly absolutly perfect but close.... didnt play all through just tested the first part
The sound was distorted and the sprites and backgrounds had rendering issues. Like if the boarder was blue, it showed up black, instead. That's totally annoying, as much as the sound issues.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The sound was distorted and the sprites and backgrounds had rendering issues. Like if the boarder was blue, it showed up black, instead. That's totally annoying, as much as the sound issues.
Ok well i played the first scene only and dont remember thinking it looked that bad, you watched only a video? I tested months ago though

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Userland emulation is probably always going to have graphical/audio glitches because they trade accuracy for speed. With a kernel exploit you can enable dynarec which gives a huge boost to speed, and allows for more focus on accuracy(see catsfc+).

Edit: nvm not going there. I will say though that since there is a way to downgrade on 11 now you could get yourself access to .cia versions of these emulators.

Last edited by zac122,

KalasGiacomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I finished mario RPG some months ago with pocketsnes, didn't have any problem (maybe your rom had). When playing GBA try Gpsp libretro, I played metroid zero mission and DKC2 and both run smoothly.

Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs