Homebrew Which SNES core should I use on old 3DS 10.3.28U?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Retroarch for my old 3DS running on firmware 10.3.28U and none of the SNES cores seem to work well, is there a reason why? I mean blargSNES 1.3b (latest) runs nearly everything I throw at it nearly perfectly lol. So I was wondering if there is a preferred SNES core to use in RetroArch that you guys would recommend and what are the best settings I should adjust the core around? or is there a much better SNES emulator all together?

Last edited by Centrix,
D

Deleted-236924

pocketsnes will be the fastest at the expense of sound quality. It may not run games full speed on o3ds though.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Retroarch for my old 3DS running on the aforementioned firmware in the title and none of the snes emulators seem to work well, is there a reason why? I mean blargSNES 1.3b (latest) runs nearly everything I throw at it lol. So I was wondering if there is a preferred core that you guys would recommend and settings I should adjust the core around? or is there a much better snes emulator all together?

or what top emulators would you guys recommend that work nearly flawlessly on the old 3DS? Any help would be great and sorry for all the questions, I can't seem to really find a concrete anwser to there, everything's based around the New 3DS lol :D
Here are the emulators i currently use that work good on a o3dsxl, quicknes for nes/famicom games, blargsnes for snes/super famicom games 1.2 to play the legend of zelda a link to the past and 1.3b for everything else so i switch between those two, gameyob 1.0.7 for gameboy/color games, gpsp for gba games, picodrive for sega genesis/megadrive games, genesis plus gx for sega master system and sega gamegear games, and handy 3ds for atari lynx games.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
pocketsnes will be the fastest at the expense of sound quality. It may not run games full speed on o3ds though.

I wouldn't really recommend PocketSNES on the old 3DS, it's just too slow to really cope with any form of SNES9x. When I was messing with it in 268mhz mode on my N3DS I was lucky to get maybe 30 FPS in some games (half speed basically, with distorted audio as a result). BlargSNES is the most realistic option, unless PocketSNES gets a massive overhaul in how it renders graphics, to speed it up (doubtful).

D

Deleted-236924

I wouldn't really recommend PocketSNES on the old 3DS, it's just too slow to really cope with any form of SNES9x. When I was messing with it in 268mhz mode on my N3DS I was lucky to get maybe 30 FPS in some games (half speed basically, with distorted audio as a result). BlargSNES is the most realistic option, unless PocketSNES gets a massive overhaul in how it renders graphics, to speed it up (doubtful).
Wasn't Pocketsnes made to be faster than the other cores but with crappy sound?

D

Deleted-236924

But then snes9x isn't any better either, no?
Your post seemed to imply that snes9x would be better than pocketsnes on O3DS.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
But then snes9x isn't any better either, no?
Your post seemed to imply that snes9x would be better than pocketsnes on O3DS.
You misread. PocketSNES, CatSFC, they're all just older/faster SNES9x versions with various amounts of tweaks and hacks to try to get them running faster. daxtsu was saying that the original 3DS was "just too slow to really cope with any form of SNES9x," which includes PocketSNES and CatSFC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.