Hacking Which Slot2 FC is best for Original DS?

larkija33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.igoogle.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everybody. I've recently found that GBA games don't work on the DS without a slot 2 card. I was wondering...
Which is the best slot 2 card for the original DS? Not the DS lite, the DS Phat or whatever people call it now.
I was going to play games like Pokemon and stuff like that, so the internal battery would be good, but it would be annoying when it dies.
So anyway, which Slot 2 flashcard is the best for the Original DS?

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are only THREE DS. DS Phat, DS Lite and DSi. That's it.

DS Phat is original DS. It's probably best if you google to see which one you actually have so I know which are right for you. It's either DS Phat or DS Lite since DSi don't have a GBA slot. First tell me what flashcart you have for your slot 1 or you don't have one?

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The DSi doesn't have a Slot-2, and the Slot-2 is required to play GBA games because the DS switches to GBA mode which doesn't utilize the Slot-1 part at all.

There aren't really much Slot-2 solutions left for the DS phat (which I'll re-emphase what wilddenim said, is the original DS) that can fit into the DS phat that are still in production but if so, check for the G6 Lite. The G6 Lite has several cases for both DS Lite and DS phat (so you can fit the cartridge in both systems), allows DS games to be stored as well (provided a passcard or a Slot-1 flash cart is used) and the internal battery can be charged up when plugged into the USB adapter and left for a few hours.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have a slot-1 flashcart (e.g. CycloDS Evolution), get an EZ Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. NOR/RAM for GBA games, RAM for Opera and Rumble.

If you don't have a slot-1 flashcart, then get the M3 Perfect miniSD with a 2GB miniSD card. Notice it's not "Pro", its "Perfect". The Pro series doesn't have RAM, so it can't play GBA games. The G6 is also good, but it has only 512MB of internal memory, not much if you want to get both NDS and GBA games.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on your situation really?

(Seeing as you live in the US I'll put down links to US retailers if I can
smile.gif
)

* Have you a slot-1 flash card? If not buy the M3 Real Perfect bundle, comes with translucent cases for the GBA and Rumble pack to fit the Original DS.

M3 Real Perfect Bundle

* If you have a slot 1 card, well there are quite a few choices, but the best and possibly easiest is the EZ 3-1 Expansion...but check your slot 1's card compatabilty with the EZ3-1 before buying it.

EZ 3-1 Expansion card for Original DS (please note I have only found this item on this website)

* If you already have a slot 2 device that you got under some circumstance for the DSlite...well to be honest I can only suggest this from M3.

Scroll down till you see GBA micro cases

Hope this helps

LD560

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
None of the slot 2 carts have real time clock, you need to patch them to disable certain functions that rely on the clock.

larkija33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.igoogle.com
XP
Country
United States
I have the DSTT, which I think might be compatible with them.
Personally, my favorites would either be the EZ Flash V 3in1 or the M3 MiniSD.

Okay, so which is better? An EZ Flash V 3in1 or the M3 MiniSD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.