Which slot-2 cart do you recommend for me?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by em2241992, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009
  1. em2241992
    OP

Member em2241992 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I own a Supercard DSOne(SDHC). I have a black DS Lite, the reason I say this is I want a good slot-2 card that would be good for playing GBA games, particularly so I can cheat or patch them(Pokemon Shiny Gold and Liquid Crystal). What card would be best for a supercard user. I heard good stuff about the M3, EZ Flash 3 in 1 and EZ Flash IV. I also want to know is the supercard SD, Mini SD or lite non rumble, any good?

2. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I'd say the 3in1 would work just fine.

3. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I would recommend getting the EZ Flash 3 in 1 as the M3 Expansion is only good for the M3 Real. Though the supercard slot-2 devices work for playing GBA and NDS games as they are a flashcart themselves. Though in the end I would get the EZ Flash 3 in 1 as you can also patch it with the Triforce patch to use the Opera DS browser.

4. Da-Bomb1

Canada
    The Opera DS browser kinda sucks. It worked fine for me without any patching, though, with my AK2 with AKAIO. Dunno about the supercard though.

5. em2241992
    OP

United States
    Mind giving me a little info on the 3 in 1? Compatibility, cheats real time clock, and how it stores data and saves? Don't really know any of that...

6. Da-Bomb1

Canada
    Don't think it has RTC, or support cheats, but you can cheat if you use an external patcher like GBAATM. If you want to back up saves, it's probably a better idea to use the GBA backup tool if you wanted to be safe. Since you're using a supercard, you'll have to use gbaexploader to load GBA games onto it...I use AKAIO so I never use it. Anyway, there isn't really all that much more you need to know...it can run most GBA games fine, apart from the ones that use EEPROM instead of SRAM, and the ones that need special hardware to work.

7. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    You all so have the option of supercard sd slot 2 its a great slot 2 card with a 4 gig sd to boot [​IMG]

8. em2241992
    OP

United States
    I asked about that, I read its ram was slower than EZ Flash, but how good is it, I know you can cheat, how about compatibility?

9. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Slot-2 Supercards are known to have slowdowns with many GBA games because of its slow RAM. While the SCDS can do some extra stuff with a slot-2 Supercard inserted (autopatch the Opera browser rom to use the slot-2 Supercard's RAM, allows Pokemon GBA-to-DS linkup), it would be better to get a 3in1 and use GBA ExpLoader to manage its features.