Which slot-2 card should I get?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by lalalalala, Mar 2, 2008.

Mar 2, 2008
  1. lalalalala
    OP

Newcomer lalalalala Advanced Member

Canada
    I'm not really sure what my choices are for Slot-2. I'm looking for GBA support, and rumble capabilities. The card to be sturdy and high compatibilities. That's pretty much it. Oh, and not too expensive (below $40). I'm already planning to get supercard one.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    You should get the EZ-Flash 3in1 Expansion Pack. It's cheap (about 20 dollars) and it is the only one with GBA support and Rumble. Oh, you'll also get 16 MB of RAM (which is probably the best available).

Another good choice might be the Ewin Expansion Pack, but you'll need to get a seperate Rumble Pack.

3. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Elink. Its $21 at Dealextreme.com and mine works like a beauty.

4. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i use the 3in1, its ram and gba are great, but the rumble feature is horrible, loud & obnoxious, and just unpleasant to use, other than that, its fine

5. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    You can set your rumble to low, too. If it's really that obnoxious...

6. innercy

Member innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

supercard rumble only work for nds game, not gba.... plz take note...

7. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    People seem be enjoying the cut down elink and 3 in 1 carts but if you do go more advanced.

Likewise the rest of the supercard range is best left unsaid when it comes to GBA: http://rothmans.joskeonline.com/supercardsite/

As well as the SC rumble lacking decent GBA support EZFlash have the EZ4 lite compact (this is a cheap one) and M3 have the m3 professional that I would avoid if you want GBA.

8. lalalalala
    OP

Newcomer lalalalala Advanced Member

Canada
    which one is easier to use? preferably doesn't take a tutorial??

9. Seina

Newcomer Seina Advanced Member

United States
    Why does Supercard Lite non rumble have such a bad reputation? Once you get the ROMs patched they seem to run pretty well. It also supposedly has the most RAM out of any slot 2 cart (for DSLinux). Is there some kind of problem with the memory it plays the ROM off of? Other than that it's a great cart and you can put 2GB on it. I don't see what the problem with it is. Until a slot 2 comes out with SDHC isn't it the best slot 2 cart?

10. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    Supercard miniSD WITHOUT(!) rumble are only 23USD on dealextreme. No rumble, but its an ok exchange for the price.

11. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The slot-2 Supercards are among the best in DS game support (for slot-2 that is), but for GBA gaming they come short. Most games will run fine, but some more intense games will have slowdowns due to the Supercard containing slow RAM for the GBA games to run from. Furthermore, you must press a button combination after saving in-game in order for the save to be finalized (GBA games only), and while this isn't too much trouble to do, many users find it to be annoying.

More info about the slowdowns can be found at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SupercardGBASlowdowns

12. LunarDemise

Newcomer LunarDemise Newbie

United States
    sup guys, i have an interesting question.

Im not sure if its worth it, but i have a GBA SP, and i dont have a DS anymore. i cannot afford a DS and would like to get a slot 2 card that works for my GBA SP. mainly to play Translated games (i.e. Fire Emblem 6 translated) so if you have any ideas for cards that work please let me know.

13. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    On top of my head the best slot 2 card for GBA only would be EZ-Flash IV. It is expensive though.

14. samjef11

Member samjef11 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    This thread is over 2 years old stop bumping old threads if needed make a new one yourself.

15. 0ddity

Member 0ddity GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Don't be an asshole, if he made his own thread someone would have said "use the search function there's lots of threads about that blah blah."

16. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    EZFlash 3 in 1